90 Day Fitness Thread: Day 1!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by PNB92, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Who

Who Who is not here. Please leave a message.... Premium Member

Here's my update. I actually started on June 1. I've now ridden my bike about 15 miles a day every day.

My friend got me into the Strava bike app, that tracks what I've done. Makes it more fun.

My new goal is to ride every day this month, and not do any hard rides ( ease my knee into it).

2 people like this.
  2. PNB92

PNB92 Senior Member

oh I hit the weights too, don't worry :laugh2:

I knew what to expect going into this. I'm only using it because I haven't ever tried it before, but heard so much about it.

What I'm thinking is that it's going to result in me overtraining. I'm in the gym with my trainer 4 days a week anyways for boxing. p90x on top of my usual is gonna make things pretty interesting. I'm gonna get torn up in my next fight from exhaustion :laugh2: I don't really have a rest day for the next 90 days, except for cardio on sundays. gonna have to be careful.

I'm just now starting my summer training for the ring, after taking close to 4 months off to concentrate on school. I'd look a hell of a lot more ripped in my pics if I'd taken those pics 4 months ago. 90 days from now should be pretty good.

1 person likes this.
  3. slapshot

slapshot Senior Member

the hills here would make your thighs explode

4. Matt_21

Matt_21 Senior Member

My goal: lose some gut fat. Maybe tone up.

1 person likes this.
  5. GammyBird

GammyBird Senior Member

My shoulders and chest are in a world of hurt today...might be easier to just get the damn liposuction.

2 people like this.
  6. Chicago John

Chicago John Senior Member

:laugh2:

2 people like this.
  7. 12watt

12watt Senior Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. Howard2k

Howard2k Premium Member

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  9. Flying_Milkman

Flying_Milkman Senior Member

If I'm ever in Cleveland I want to work out with you.

1 person likes this.
  10. Flying_Milkman

Flying_Milkman Senior Member

I can echo that creatine really does increase gains. I had a massive issue coming off of it though, just felt like crap as I weaned myself for about a week. Eventually my temp dropped and I felt like I had a fever the last day. I know this wasn't a fluke as it's happened twice for me, so I don't use any supplements for my workout. Your mileage can and most likely will vary.

The side effects for me made creatine unuasable, even though it WAS AWESOME while I was on it.

4 people like this.
  11. TOMMYTHUNDERS

TOMMYTHUNDERS Senior Member

any time. whenever someone wants tips or just trying to get started i invite them to come to the gym with me... or if they just want a change of scenery from their gym.
    ALL ARE WELCOME

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  12. TOMMYTHUNDERS

i should have mentioned that each set on every exercise (except the drop sets) add weight... i took it for granted that that would be understood. just clarifying.

13. slapshot

slapshot Senior Member

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  14. PNB92

PNB92 Senior Member

I used to take creatine in high school for hockey. It really didn't sit well with me either. IMO, its really not necessary if you're an athlete. A body builder will get some use of it, but for a regular guy trying to get a little bit bigger for sports, the cons outweigh the pros.

2 people like this.
  15. GammyBird

GammyBird Senior Member

"ACTIVATE THE CORE!!!"

Jesus H. Murphy that was an hour of pain!

Upside: No back pain in a month :thumbs:

1 person likes this.
  16. bridge500t

bridge500t Silver Supporter

Creatine absolutely works. I'm only 5'9 and I hit 207lbs one year using that stuff. I was about 35 or 36 and I am a HARD gainer. Never had any side effects from it or coming off of it for a while before starting up again. One I used was called CGP. Myself and many others at the gym I go to swear by it. I haven't used in a few years now since I had a while where i was not working out consistently, and now I just want to loose some of my gut instead of building anymore.

1 person likes this.
  17. PNB92

PNB92 Senior Member

my side effects weren't after, they were while I was using it. I got kind "puffy". I was really muscular, but not very defined because I gained a bunch of water weight. I've heard it happens to a lot of people. Only supplement I use these days is ON Gold Standard Whey. I've been wanting to try Cell Tech for a while though, just to see what happens.

1 person likes this.
  18. TOMMYTHUNDERS

same stuff i take. high quality and affordable.

if i was you i'd just throw my money straight down the toilet, less effort and it doesn't burn your throat going down. any specialty creatine blends you see are smoke and mirrors with unsubstantiated claims. it's all hype and fancy packaging to get you to spend more. this is all you need:
    [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Creatine-Powder-Unflavored/dp/B002DYIZEO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1370639217&sr=8-1&keywords=optimum+nutrition+creatine]Amazon.com: Optimum Nutrition Creatine Powder, Unflavored, 600g: Health & Personal Care[/ame]
    2000 grams for $32 shipped. if you take 10 grams a day (which is more than you need to) this will last you 200 days. beat that.

3 people like this.
  19. Evil Mopars

Evil Mopars Senior Member

Yep, I used creatine back in my twenties (47 now) and it was the only supplement that seemed to work. Thanks for the link TT that's a good deal for anyone thinking of using it.

1 person likes this.
  20. Who

Who Who is not here. Please leave a message.... Premium Member

End of Day 7 (for me).

Stats:
    100 miles ridden (road bike, flat roads). 14-15 mph pace. No days skipped.
    Ate only three meals a day. No between-meal junk.

It's funny to watch the sponsored adverts at the bottom of this thread, compared to other threads here.

4 people like this.