~79 Princeton Reverb trade???

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by HBFlyer, Aug 1, 2011.

1. HBFlyer

HBFlyer Junior Member

I am thinking about trading my beloved amp. I am the original owner and it has been a closet queen so very clean. I am not sure of the age, but I think that's the year I bought it. Silver face and all original expect for a tube or two I had changed many many years ago (it was at an amp repair shop next to Norms Rare Guitars in Reseda Ca...that’s a long time ago). The grill cloth is a little faded.

It sounds alive and nuanced and all that. I actually like the sound better with my '76 Tele but it can do that thick violin sound tingly well with humbuckers.

So why am I selling it? After a 20 year guitar hiatus, I've started playing again and got the Les Paul jones. I also have an old homemade amp that I use mostly as well.

What I'm hoping to get is a nice Les Paul. Something with some flame or a goldtop or a black beauty, maybe p90s. MIJ is completely fine, probably preferable. I have an Edwards 85 but I'd like a second. I'd really like lacquer finish. I'm willing to add some cash to complete the deal as needed.

If this interests you, let me know what you have.