68 gold top les paul HELP!!!

Discussion in 'The Custom Shop' started by liamo ireland, Mar 29, 2010.

1. dennistruckdriver

dennistruckdriver V.I.P. Member

Damn work....I had to go to bed and get some rest so I didn't run the mixer into the back of a car....again....I missed the WHOLE FREAKING THREAD!!!!!

2. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

All u missed was a tosser who fucked up my thread but in fairness to the guys on this site they but him to bed!!!! Thanks guys!! As soon as my Les comes back ill post the result for your opinions on him!!!!! :thumb:

3. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

Guys how do i send a thanks to whom deserves? i see under some names they were thanked?
    Some on this site are due praise! :applause:

4. captain tightpants

captain tightpants Banned

There is a "Thumb" icon in the lower right corner of the first post in a thread. If you like the thread topic, hit the thumb. You just "Thanked" the author of said thread.

5. River

River Senior Member

You can only "thank" a person for a thread they started. Most folks don't really care about those numbers - they prefer a VM or just a thank-you post in the thread in question.

You can search for threads started by them, thank them there, and their count will go up.

6. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

o.k well to save me the time to you guys thanks for your help in regards to my les, much appreciated!

7. captain tightpants

Any time. Looking forward to the pics!

8. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

I'm looking forward to having him home where he belongs, cant wait to show the end result!

9. LPGeoff

LPGeoff Senior Member

If the POTS are original they'll have numbers on them that can nail down a date of the guitar even better than the serial number on the guitar. KEEP them. If they aren't original it doesn't matter. FIND that number. I think it's 7 digits ie: 134xxxx. The last 4 will be YYWW - like 6850 would be 50th week of 1968.

This just sucks that the tech scammed the original P-90's from your Dad. Oh well, they're gone now. IF you still have the original pickguard KEEP IT AND DON'T MODIFY IT AT ALL. I've seen them brings upwards of $1500. Put the pickguard away and get an aftermarket one for humbuckers.

You need to find a new luthier. Period. Talk to BCRGreg or Roman Rist here at MLP. I don't care what problems he had, 5 months is just stupid.

Good luck Bro!

10. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

Any you guys a Peter Green fan off playing? That was my dads style off player! He adored his Les Paul. ( Need Your Love So Bad ) he played that with such feel you wouldn't know the difference with eyes closed if you catch my drift ? He started playing guitar when he was 8 years old he even sold his school books to buy his 1st guitar a SG his dad wasn't to happy tho!! :)

11. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

Thanks for your thoughts but this guitar is never leaving the family no money would justify it, so mod the pick gard to fit and make the guitar look more together is the way im thinking! like i say money aint the issue here its putting it back as close as can be done now at this stage! I do respect what you are saying but it aint ever leaving anyhow

12. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

I think my point is that it was part of the original guitar and id like it to go back on and not have a donor part! i know dats sounds mad but i would never sell any parts beloning to the guitar so why not have them back on it and complete it?

13. captain tightpants

I get what you are saying, but consider this...There are more than a few people out there looking for original parts from that era to return guitars to period correct condition. You could help them with that.

14. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

True true but it dont feel right after all i was left this guitar and i feel its for me to look after not sell bits! I dont think he would be happy!!! :D

15. captain tightpants

I getcha, just throwing it out there.

16. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

No disrespect i do hear you and thanks just ain't for me !

17. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

So what time are you over ther? can i ask what type of guitar playing your into? bands ect?

18. captain tightpants

6:15 PM. Personally, mostly bluesy Classic Rock, some metal. I should change my name to Captain Barre-chord!!! I'm mostly a rhythm guitarist.

I'd really like to be able to play like Adam Levy from Norah Jones' band. I love her music with a passion.

19. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

Have you anything on you tube or the sorts? As you know I'm a drummer and a very basic guitar player i know shame the likes of me with the Les but I'm off to get serious lessons and maybe i hope to bring him out to a stage and let it rip!! Over here in Ireland we have loads of open nights were musicans from different bands play together to release there own talents

20. liamo ireland

liamo ireland Member

p.s its 2.30 am here in Ireland!