$50 1979 Ibanez Artist

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by HEADKNOCKER, Jun 9, 2017.

1. HEADKNOCKER

HEADKNOCKER Senior Member

I found the digi camera & will get some pics of the Ibanez in the morning..
    We have most of the hardware except the pickups/switch/pots removed..
    Thinking about taking the tuners apart & soaking them along with the rest of the painted chrome parts in mineral spirits..
    The fretboard came mostly clean via scraping with a razor & looks pretty fair..
    I don't think the guitar case is original from what I see?? It is brown & kinda shaped like a mid 90s fenders case & has no logo etc. on it..
    I think this will clean up OK? The pickups & rings are the worst of anything, Who would have thought that someone would have just went crazy painting their guitar with black spray paint, More than likely someone tried to hide the fact this guitar was stolen along the way some time in it's life?? Who knows?
    If it could tell the story..

endial likes this.
  2. HEADKNOCKER

Well I finally got around to getting a few pictures of the Ibanez Artist, Most of the black spray paint came off the body with some scrubbing with mineral spirits & a scotch brite pad, The fretboard got scrapped but still needs some work, The pickups are a MESS, The rings too, one is cracked BTW.
    All the hardware is soaking in a pail of spirits & will require the wire brush wheel to get em clean.
    Also the Ovation was a pawn shop find of my Son's, Gibson "The Hawk" was a MGR find which He had me put a P-Rail in with triple shot mounting ring & "A Little Thunder" in the neck with a 2nd output jack to run a separate line out to a bass amp = Very Cool!! The Jackson DK2M was a body bought @ Maxwell's House of Music & a eBay neck + pickups from the stash, The bridge is The Hawks 490T + noiseless Fender single coils..
    I really need to just score a couple Gibson Style pickup rings & then either drill two new holes in each for the adjustment screws OR just replace the pickups with something similar = DiMarzio Super Distortions??
    Here's a pic of the four guitars in the basement shop , There's a couple more down there = Hondo II LP Custom & Lotus Strat, plus a few pics of the headstock & body.
    This is not our first Ibanez, My other son once had an RG570 back in the day & I have a SR300 Ibanez bass with flats that just is a joy to play on..
    The cream colored ring around the Artists pickup selector switch just crumbled into bits except for what is left clinging & the nut is seized via the paint?? Might have to get a poker chip to cover up that mess IF I can even get it off?? Gonna try some acetone on the threads with a toothpick & a couple sets of small pliers..
    I have a whole bunch of projects going simultaneously & going is very slow..
    Need to wire the Jackson, Sand my LP Studio & repaint the headstock break, & get the other boys Hondo II's wiring figured out + The Ibanez Artist AR50, Oh and the Vintage Lotus Left handed strat needs new 9.5" radius frets etc. etc. etc.
    Need to remember to buy a couple dozen sets of strings next trip to GC..
    BTW The Ibanez Artist is getting .010"s

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY
    Frisch's has FREE breakfast buffet for dad this morning & will be going there with my Son when he gets off work @ 8:00am, It's 5:00am now..
    ROCK ON!! Gary/Hk

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

endial likes this.
  3. endial

endial Senior Member

Thanks for the pics!

HEADKNOCKER likes this.
  4. Walt_T

Walt_T Senior Member

It lives!!!

HEADKNOCKER likes this.
  5. old mark

old mark Senior Member

Look online...AR100's are selling for $800 - $1100 depending on finish and condition...you stole it!

HEADKNOCKER likes this.
  6. HEADKNOCKER

Thanks fellas!!
    And now my damn pics & coming up fubar again??
    Still don't have the Ibanez Artist back together YET!!

7. DarrellV

DarrellV Almost 1 Year old this month! Premium Member

see one of the many photosuckit threads for you pic dilemma! They want you to pay now.....