41% of American believe humans and dinosaurs lived together?!?!

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Howard2k, Nov 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PeteK

PeteK Senior Member

Oh, my bad. Nevermind. I didn't recognize your username. I thought you were someone else, but I can't remember their name. Anyways, I've never changed my username. Never even changed my avatar honestly. I'm kinda boring that way.

2. rockstar232007

rockstar232007 Senior Member

So, you mean to tell me that the Flintstones cartoons WEREN'T based on actual events?:shock:

3. lǎo​wài

lǎo​wài It's All About the Maos Premium Member

You say this:

This statement is incorrect. Gravity is a theory and always will be. Electricity is a theory as well.

4 people like this.
  4. tinman402

tinman402 Senior Member

5. lunchie

lunchie Senior Member

Depends on you definition of dinosaurs whether 41% of people are crazy or smarter then the other 59%. Do we count things like the Aligator or Sturgeon or just the T-Rex?

6. colchar

colchar Banned

Yes, actually, we can and we have.

5 people like this.
  7. Drew224

Drew224 "Obvious BS Artist" V.I.P. Member

Yeah. As a recent employee for the democratic party, I happen to know, that despite the results of this midterm being typical of a midterm, the actual campaign efforts were insane. As in near presidential election level, across the country. Voter contact was way up. And all the nice people that all of us spoke to, collectively, elected teabaggers, who don't understand how taxes should work on a state level, and that believe in ideas that science has completely dis-proven. I genuinely don't mean to get too political - my issue isn't partisan so much as it is that the people who beat some genuinely hard-working, good candidates (some of whom I know personally), well... They're just uneducated. In the debates, their answers didn't make sense. The way they carried themselves was generally rather arrogant, and too matter of fact, for people who don't have a lot of hard facts to prove anything they're saying. I'm scared over here.

Tl;dr we have people who make laws for us that think the earth is 6000 years old and that humans must've survived the extinction of dinosaurs that carbon dating can't prove was long before we existed, which was much longer than 6000 years ago. And we should be really worried about that.

8 people like this.
  8. Phil47uk

Phil47uk Senior Member

Just popped in to see what this thread was about..:laugh2:

Correct.. Nobody here can 100% prove to you that man didn't walk with dinosaurs any more than you or anyone else here can prove they did.

End of story really..

Bye..:wave:

6 people like this.
  9. tinman402

tinman402 Senior Member

Yep and a bunch of them been there more than 20 years.. It says to me the public is the problem they seem to dumb or just to tuned out to know what idiots they are sending to represent them.. :dude:

Nothing political about it, nothing about parties. Both have problems.

Follow the money.. ALWAYS

to stay on the dinosaur topic... Strom Thurmond

1 person likes this.
  10. tragewombat

tragewombat Senior Member

well, chickens can be classified as dinosaurs...

1 person likes this.
  11. Chilli

Chilli Senior Member

Fortunately scientific study does prove, way beyond doubt, that dinosaurs and humans never walked the earth together.

Lets face it, it's a lot easier to read a load of fiction and make up a far fetched belief than it is to study day in and day out for years.

Ignorant, bigoted, blinkered and when taught to kids as fact, abusive.

7 people like this.
  12. cmh6122

cmh6122 Senior Member

Tell it brother. Nothing else explains what happened last week.

2 people like this.
  13. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

And my point, all along, has been that science doesn't "prove" anything, and that by insisting that it cannot make a reasonable claim without "proof", you're promulgating a false conception of science. The fact that you use the phrase "don't believe in science" speaks volumes about your misapprehension of the topic.

Don't forget that you've also floated the hypothesis that radiometric dating is flawed, without offering one shred of evidence, in order to support your "criticism" that science cannot prove anything. Why would you do that if you weren't trying to convince someone of something?

You never did answer my questions: can you disprove unicorns? Can you disprove the invisible dragon in my garage?

First thing you've gotten right so far.

3 people like this.
  14. Blackie

Blackie Banned

.. I will just jump in here at the end .. and be vague about that which you refer ..

.. what happened last week was more a statement against than an endorsement of .. peoples dissatisfaction in general with the whole of it .. and not based in any sort of plan or agenda offered ..

.. if'n you know what I mean ..

.. well I need to go feed the Raptor .. for any more neighbors cats go missing ..

5 people like this.
  15. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

I know that using the traditional, educational system's definitions that humans and dinosaurs didn't overlap. However, the period when man was fighting apes for control of the earth must have been the scariest chapter in the history of mankind, IMO.

2 people like this.
  16. Ermghoti

Ermghoti Senior Member

I knew it was a good idea to stay out of this. Zero to "it's turtles all the way down" in two posts.

2 people like this.
  17. Death Incarnate

Death Incarnate Premium V.I.P. Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Totally!

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  18. Pennyman

Pennyman Senior Member

Turtles? BOSH!

Every rational man knows it's armadillos, armadillos all the way to infinity!

1 person likes this.
  19. hogdaddy

hogdaddy Senior Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GL2dL9CjSI]The Best of RAQUEL WELCH in One Million BC - YouTube[/ame]

4 people like this.
  20. Mindfrigg

Mindfrigg Senior Member

Fossils of the different species that define certain eras are not found together, and clearly stratified in most cases. I don't know how that could be misconstrued. Certain things clearly did not exist in the same time periods as certain other things, regardless of the specifics of dating those strata. You can go almost anywhere in the world and visually see these stratifications very clearly laid down.

Unless some very odd natural disaster neatly sorted species' remains into disparate layers geologically by category. :shock:

Wait a minute...omg.....:wow:

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.