$319 Epiphone Limited Edition Les Paul Traditional PRO Electric Guitar Honey Burst

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by wmachine, Jul 3, 2017.

1. wmachine

wmachine Senior Member

Musicians Friend Stupid deal, today only. May sell out so don't sit on the fence.
    This is about as good as it gets on one of the best EPI workhorses. Solid, solid value.
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

Who likes this.
  2. talonmm

talonmm Junior Member

link no longer working. I am no fan of Epiphany les pals but recently picked up a gorgeous, used ice-team Les paul and looks great and plays and sounds great. I was blown away by it and it's low cost. I'm a believer now!

geochem1st likes this.
  3. elephantrider

elephantrider Senior Member

wow. glad i sold two of my trad pro's on c'list last month. this deal even
    beats what i was asking for them.

4. wmachine

wmachine Senior Member

What happened, elephantrider, you raved about them.

5. elephantrider

i still have 4 left :) those are staying, along with the others..

6. wmachine

wmachine Senior Member

Wow, you still have 4 EPI trad pros? Question: If you have/had more than one just of different colors, can you tell any difference between them other than color? Is one any "better" than the other(s)?
    You're in good position to make this type of comparison.

7. elephantrider

i still have a desert burst, silverburst, and two gt's. it's a hard comparo, due to
    the silverburst having mhd asylum pups in it, and tuned way low, so that one
    is set up special. the other three are bone stock, and to MY ear, the desert burst
    sounds the best. very lively and sustanic. pups are REALLY good on it. the two
    gt's sound kind of muted, compared to the desert. and they sound the same,
    between the two of them. the siverburst has been modded so long, i forgot what
    it sounded like stock.

one of the trad pros i did sell was the antique ivory blackback with the open window
    pups. it sounded okay. sounded better when playing on a clean channel. it was
    heavy as hell, and i just never played it.

hope that helps !

8. wmachine

wmachine Senior Member

Thanks. We know there is some variations within the same exact model. How much difference varies, i'm sure, with the particular make and modes. It is easy to reviews of models, but not variations within a model.
    Makes shopping and honestly evaluating much more difficult. "Did you get a good/bad one?"
    Sure, the good advice is to play it before you buy it. Maybe better advice is to play 2 or 3 before you buy it. But obviously that is a tall order.
    Your evaluation does support that there are indeed noticeable differences within a model.
    I have a Desert Burst too, that I know I bought at the same time your bought yours. Maybe they had a run of (especially) good ones then. But most of the reports on the Trad Pros have been very favorable.