3 nights in a row with the Hot Rod.

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by FrankiePRS, Jul 3, 2007.

1. FrankiePRS

FrankiePRS V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

I'm back from playing one beach, and headed right back out to another, but I had to share this... Will Boggs pickups have changed my life. Fucking incredible all weekend. The guitar I have loaded with Will's 67-07's is the best sounding Les Paul I have ever ever ever ever fucking played. Ever. And it's an old Burny Black Beauty weith a repaired headstock. Oh my fucking god. The sustain, the harmonics, the bite... off the fucking hook. I've never had a Les Paul sing like this one does. It's a mahoghany-capped guitar, and it sounded good with it's original VH-1's, but Will's pickups are just insane. I had a very hard time putting it down all weekend - I played it in 12 sets altogther over 3 nights... Just thought I'd mention that... tonal nirvana is sooo much fun. :applause:

2. johnreardon

johnreardon Senior Member

So do you like it Frankie?

How does it compare to Casper? Does it sustain as much?

3. FrankiePRS

FrankiePRS V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

Different than Casper, just because they are 2 very different designs. But I'd say these pickups make the LP sing in the same way.... very 'live'... lots of complimentary harmonics... very creamy. I don't know how to put it into words, really. I'll do sound clips when I get a chance. Finally back from the beaches, but playing tonight locally.

4. sleepingtiger

sleepingtiger Senior Member

Cool! I just got the Firebird back from having the Prototype Mini's(3) installed. I can't try it until tomorrow. I'll keep ya posted...
    Tony
    PS to Frankie: Did you get the rings? I just wanna make sure...

5. WBPickups

WBPickups Guest

Right on Frankie! That's great! Thanks!