2018 Gibson Rumors, Lets Hear Em.

Discussion in 'Gibson Les Pauls' started by Les Paul Newb, Aug 15, 2017.

1. PierM

PierM Premium Member

pillbug and GS1 like this.
  2. fenderchamp

fenderchamp Junior Member

The black p90 classic and blue p90 classic both showed up at Dietz Music in Omaha today. I played them both!!! I thought they were both very cool guitars. I talked to the Gibson rep who happened to be in there, he said all the Classics as well as the Traditionals are non-weigh relieved for 2018. They also had a 2018 Traditional Honey burst that was light and played great. Very Impressive!!!!

3. Les Paul Newb

Les Paul Newb Senior Member

This is the exact reason for the "T & HP" stuff, I believe.

They tried something new in 2015, but it was too much, too soon for the market. I think Gibson done good by splitting models into 2 options.

Hope likes this.
  4. MSB

MSB Senior Member

I'll confess I haven't read the whole thread, but how many '18s will have '50s necks?

5. 1all's Pub

1all's Pub Senior Member

Unless they take a model that was previously a 60s and make it a 50s... I'd say not many (Trads and...????).

6. MW110

MW110 Junior Member

What do you think....hit or shit?

7. UKPortista

UKPortista Senior Member

Hit.

I have a severe case of Blood Orange Standard GAS.

8. DanishLP

DanishLP Junior Member

That ebony classic sure is a beauty. However, it would suit me better if it had humbuckers instead of P90s.

zube and lespaultobi like this.
  9. Arsaces

Arsaces Junior Member

Y'all laugh, but they almost did make a Max Cavalera sig SG with 4 strings...(he went through a weird phase where he didn't bother putting the E or B on).

pillbug likes this.
  10. moreles

moreles Senior Member

Gibson is doing a robotic version of the monkey grip, calling it G-Chimp, and it will be located in the middle of the fingerboard for easy access. They're also introducing G-Riff, an onboard chip that you can program, via Bluetooth, to insert complicated note passages directly into your guitar signal without actually playing them yourself. One rumor I have not heard is that Gibson is trying to increase the quality of its basic builds, or that the company wants to provide more value for money.

pillbug likes this.
  11. Andy California

Andy California Senior Member

You say "we" as if everyone on this forum thinks exactly like you. Even worse, I bet by "we" you mean everyone who plays an LP.

Don't you realize there are at least 95 other people who have different taste and expectations than yours when it comes to electric guitars? Henry realizes that by making more different version of Les Pauls the company can sell more of them and make more money. That's the reason most businesses exist - to make money, - and it's a completely legitimate reason. When they see that some models don't sell well, they'll discontinue them. If they lose money on some models, it's not your loss anyway.
    The large selection of models doesn't harm you. Get over it and pick whichever you like.

12. ehb

ehb Chief Discombobulator Premium Member

About the zoot....

13. gball

gball Senior Member

Agree completely. Not saying that this is pillbug's contention as I don't want to put words in anyone's mouth or on their computer screen, but usually when I see/hear people make this statement is translates as "Doesn't Henry realize we don't want anything that isn't exactly like they made it in 1959??"

14. GibsonKramer

GibsonKramer The Three G's Premium Member

I read I'm getting one on Friday. :applause:

Pelham Blue Classic.

Bemis likes this.