2017 Burstbucker Pros with solderless setup

Discussion in 'Pickups' started by oldschoolblues, Aug 21, 2017.

1. oldschoolblues

oldschoolblues Junior Member

I must ask, maybe I am ignorant, but seems a lot of hatred for the Burstbucker Pros solderless. I recently went into a store to buy a Les Paul, I have never owned a real Gibson so it was time, tried heaps of different models, had a friend guitarist with me, and also guy who happened to be there who does a popular youtube page in Australia and shows all kind of equipment. After about 7 hours of trying different Les Pauls, through a Marshall JCM 800, we all loved the Classic and the Standard the most, but we all agreed we would prefer the pickup setup from Standard and put it in the Classic. Is it hated because it is just modern or are they just not good quality? Not being a smart ass or trying to cause arguments, just curious. I did end up buying the Classic Cherry, love the plain maple, 57s are a nice pickup, but I like a bit more grit and clarity, I find the 57s too warm and a bit muddy, great for vintage rock etc. I will try putting alnico 5s in them, if not happy with them I will try Bustbucker Pros, wanna keep it all Gibson if possible in it.