2 NPD's

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by MichaelAndrew3435, Jul 21, 2017.

1. MichaelAndrew3435

MichaelAndrew3435 Premium Member

Got 2 new pedals today. An Xotic BB Preamp Comp and a Boss DS1X to put in front of my Princeton Reverb.

I don't know if y'all have ever tried the Boss DS1X, but it's a killer pedal for the money and it's really underrated IMHO. Great distortion, sustain, and response to picking. I like it better than some of the fancier distortions I've owned before (like my Bogner Burnley Distortion).

I'm still messing around with the Xotic pedal, but so far I like the compressed setting with the gain at noon. It's like a better version of the Tube Screamer I have on my board.

But seriously, when you get the chance, try the Boss DS1X if you love high gain pedals. It's one of the best I've owned, and I've had a lot.

2. sonar

sonar Senior Member

I've got the BB Pre with mid boost. It does sound like a better Tube Screamer. Better transparency and top end.

3. Burst Boy

Burst Boy Senior Member

Love the DS-1X. It does everything the OP says. I'll add that no matter how high the gain there is always clarity between the notes and muddiness just doesn't exist. It was a little disconcerting for me at first because it sounded a bit to perfect but once I got used to what it could do, look out! I really love it for the fact that it's a very refined professional sounding DS-1 without any of the originals weaknesses.

4. Guitaraxe

Guitaraxe Senior Member