1991 Hall of Fame all gold Les Paul (56 RI)

Discussion in 'Vendor Classifieds' started by Greg's Guitars, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Greg's Guitars

Greg's Guitars Senior Member

All gold Custom shop Hall of Fame 56 RI version 1991 production date. Approximately 250 were produced but almost all of them had mini humbuckers from the factory, as few (think, like less than 5) had the factory option of P90's when ordered. Kinda makes sense since they were a 56 reissue, note deep carve. See the link for pics and full details. Thanks for looking !

GibsonHalloffame1991 007.JPG

bannetrlogo.png

2. vintageguitarz

vintageguitarz Member

Excuse me, but ANY Les Paul (Gold Top or not) with Mini Humbuckers is technically a "Deluxe" model and not a "Standard"; and the originals (with Mini HB's) WEREN'T introduced until the LATE 1960, so there is no way what you are talking about above as a "56 Reissue" if had a Mini Humbucker! http://www.lespaul.com/News-Lifestyle/Features/en-us/Gibson-Pickups,-Part-3_-P-90s.aspx (See "The Mini-Humbucker" : "When Gibson introduced the Les Paul Deluxe in 1969 it borrowed a pickup that had been acquired from Epiphone (which had been purchased by Gibson in the 1950s)."

The information here in Reverb.com is the accurate info for Gold Top's with Mini HB's. https://reverb.com/p/gibson-les-pau...VCbbACh0sMQFUEAQYASABEgLEhfD_BwE&hfid=6219181

Other than that, nothing beats a Les Paul Standard with "Soap Bars", not even a PAF-HB LP, in sound.

3. Greg's Guitars

I agree, but I did not make the guitar and can only tell you what Gibson offered, This guitar was offered with mini humbuckers and P90's with the most being shipped with minis and very few being shipped with P90's as my listing states , if you do your research on these guitars you will se what I am stating.

Who likes this.
  4. vintageguitarz

vintageguitarz Member

That's true, sadly it only proves that Gibson either isn't observant of their own history (regarding when Mini's were actually used on Les Paul's) or, for the sake of making a buck Gibson will claim anything and "RI" can't be trusted..... Except for the soapbar version. It is a gorgeous piece your selling and in it's case, RI is accurate.

5. Kris Ford

Kris Ford Senior Member

'91 was still pretty early in the RI game..specs were all over the place..note the Nashville bridge as well.

STILL, a very cool LP, and would serve someone very well!
    GLWS!

6. Greg's Guitars

Yes and here is a link to about 1999 or early 2000 when it first sold at another respectable dealers shop and they pretty much state the same thing I have..