1976 Gibson Explorer Limited Edition W/ OHSC

Discussion in 'Sponsor Classifieds' started by thunderroadguitars, Jun 28, 2014.

1. thunderroadguitars

thunderroadguitars Senior Member

Fantastic playing and insane sounding 1976 Gibson Explorer Limited Edition in the coveted natural finish over Korina. This example is entirely original less the tuners, strap buttons, and jack plate. Factory stamped “2nd”. The original tar-bottom pickups sound fantastic and the pots are coded 1377622 x2, and 1377615 dating to the 15th and 22nd week of 1976. This one has a fat and chunky neck that feels great and is quite comfortable. Currently set up with 10-46s and comes with the original Gibson hardshell case.

[​IMG]

For more info and price please visit Vintage Used and Rare Guitars - Thunder Road Guitars Seattle

BuzzHaze and voices like this.
  2. BuzzHaze

BuzzHaze V.I.P. Member

These 76's are getting harder to find as people are finally realizing how amazing they are. Once you own one, you'll never part with it...well except for the guy that foolishly sold this one :)

Anyway, I would be surprised if it doesn't get sold quickly. All you have to do is plug those tarbacks into a Mesa and hit one note....SOLD!!! haha

BTW, that's a *great* price. I've seen them go for much more in the same condition.

2 people like this.
  3. Bluntforcetrauma

Bluntforcetrauma Senior Member

Oh I want this bad!! I have scene other great pieces at this shop and it seems that they keep on getting some great guitars.

2 people like this.
  4. thunderroadguitars

thunderroadguitars Senior Member

Thanks guys! It's truly a great guitar and the neck is fantastic!

1 person likes this.
  5. candletears7

candletears7 Senior Member

Is this sold? On hold? Available?