1976 Alvarez by Kazuo Yairi 5080 model (0M style body) - $366

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by ikeyedyourcar8i, Oct 25, 2011.

1. ikeyedyourcar8i

ikeyedyourcar8i Senior Member

For sale is a hand built 1976 Alvarez by Kazuo Yairi acoustic guitar, not to be confused with the mass-produced Alvarez guitars. The model number is 5080. A neat looking Lifetime Warranty pamphlet, with corresponding model and serial numer, states that the guitar was bought for $420 in 1976. The 5080 has a SOLID spruce top with jacaranda back and sides. Don't quote me on this, but it has been commonly said that the Japanese used jacaranda to describe brazilian rosewood. The sides and back look amazing! With a solid spruce top, it really does sound wonderful. The guitar is in excellent condition. It was truly a bedroom player, if not an under-the-bed guitar. I cannot find any noticeable dings, scratches on the top, sides, or back, only very light swirl marks you can only see under direct light. Neck is in excellent condition, and I could only find one tiny nick, as if someone dug their thumb nail in the neck too hard. Fairly hard to notice. Tuners hold pretty well, though there is nice patina going on (who doesn't love gold tuners with patina!). Martin-shaped headstock with Martin-esque volute. Neck is straight. Guitar was played, so there is minor fret wear, though not much at all. Everything is original EXCEPT the bridge pin for the B string (original one broke). OHSC included. Excuse the quality but I tried to capture everything you'd want to know in the pictures, so I will let them do the rest of the talking

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    MORE PICS AT
    www.photobucket.com/alvarezyairi

Price at $365 + shipping+ fees (unless paid by PP Gift) for a quick sale. Need funds for a nice deal I just found, and that's exactly how much I need. Locals a plus (Orange County, CA)

tatsuro6 likes this.
  2. fnoriaki

fnoriaki Junior Member

Hi,

I'm really interested in buying this guitar and wanted to know if it's still available! Please let me know.

Thank you.

Nori

3. tatsuro6

tatsuro6 Junior Member