1969 Goldtop Deluxe Value?

Discussion in 'Norlin Years' started by Toogy, Nov 3, 2009.

1. Toogy

Toogy Senior Member

How much would a 1969 Goldtop Deluxe be worth? It's in pretty decent shape considering the year, it has the original mini-humbuckers and looks like a pancake body.

2. AXE

AXE Six String Soldier V.I.P. Member

3. Toogy

Toogy Senior Member

yeah, seems a little sketchy.

4. diceman

diceman V.I.P. Member

If that is all original... $5k or so. One piece body would be worth a bit more. Only one picture though? :confused:

5. Toogy

Toogy Senior Member

I got a reply back from them with some other pictures, but the whole things seems a little sketchy to me, waiting to hear back from them.

6. zeppelin101

zeppelin101 Senior Member

$900 for a 69? seems way underpriced unless its totally not working

7. Toogy

Toogy Senior Member

Total Scam, this is the reply I just got from "her"

"Hi,

Currently I'm out of town, I got the opportunity to open a small bussiness in Plymouth.

Here is how I want to go about delivery and payment for the product which will be through DHL and will also give you the chance to inspect the product before I receive the payment for it.

I will put the product in DHL custody. They will take care of the delivery. In order to start the official transaction, I need to know your shipping information ( full name and address, phone #).

With the informations you'll provide me, I go with the products to them, they will inspect it and then that they will contact you with an invoice concerning the condition of the products, the shipping details and payment methods.

After that, you will make the payment for the product, and send the payment information to DHL for verification. DHL will verify the payment, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the product to your door step, and you will verify that everything is as supposed. An DHL agent will hold your money untill you receive and inspect the products.

I will give you the chance to inspect it and decide either you keep it or not before i get paid. If you decide to keep it, they will release me the funds, if not, you will have a complete refund within 3 days, with no expense. I will pay the transaction fees.

Tell me if that is ok and I will wait your shipping details in your next mail.

Thank you for the great collaboration !"

8. BoxyBrown22

BoxyBrown22 Senior Member

Tell them you have to play it before you buy it.

Tell them you have cash but will only pay in person.

If it's 900$ even for a newer Deluxe then it's a good deal.

But it looks and sounds like a scam, so.....

9. SKATTERBRANE

SKATTERBRANE Banned

Scam, classic scam.

10. tom1965

tom1965 Senior Member

DONT TOUCH IT !!!!!!! this is a well documented scam used in the car world too , you advertise your car and some guy claims they will give you your full asking price but then wants to bring a carrier into the deal to collect the car without the purchaser ever seeing it , same deal only in reverse if you like , you still have to release funds to a courier etc , SCAM,SCAM,SCAM , GOOGLE scams and you will find pages on the popular ones , this one is on there in some variation somewhere ! You will note there is no mention of a guitar in the reply you got!!

11. Cookie-boy

Cookie-boy Senior Member

Total bollocks! Where they fucked up they advertised it too cheap!

$900??????????? Come on!!!!:rolleyes:

12. teeloh

teeloh Senior Member

Whoever said US$5000 is about right.

I have seen less for refinned and grover'd (much less when otherwise fiddled with); more for the 'closet classic'. But $900 is a joke, or a scam.

13. sbrat

sbrat Junior Member

Hi,
    It is so funny that I read this forum. I saw this guitar advertised on Kijiji for Hamilton Ontario and honestly asked the question is that a correct price. Here is the reply:

Hi,

First of all, thank you for your interest in purchasing my " 1969 - Gibson - Les Paul - Deluxe Original Goldtop " looks good for a nearly 40 year old guitar.

No cracks or repairs. The price I am asking for it is $900.

I am selling it at this price ($900) because I lost my job and I'd rather sell my old guitar at a reasonably low price now then lose my home.

If you are interested in purchasing my old guitar, I am waiting for your reply.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

R Dunleavy.

Well abviousely this is a scam. I did asked him for pictures though. Lets see the answer. Everybody knows the price of this guitar if preseved OK. Many people would jump on it even for 3500$.

Steve

14. sbrat

sbrat Junior Member

Hi again,
    Here is some update. They sent me the pictures. Here is the link:
    http://home.comcast.net/~music_garage/Studio/LPDELUXE8309.jpg
    I guess it is a common trick to fool you. I answered that I am interested and would like to meet. Lets see the answer. By the way I found the same add with the same picture in Craig's list for Ottawa. Funny isn't it? I will keep you posted!

15. ronnie k.

ronnie k. Junior Member

Mmm I got the same email about

She said
    "I am selling it at this price ($900) because I lost my job and I'd rather sell my old guitar at a reasonably low price now then lose my home.

If you are interested in purchasing my old guitar, I am waiting for your reply.

Looking forward to hearing from you,"""""

Anybody knows what a Les Paul is,,, THIS is scam?
    TTYL
    Ronnie K>

16. ronnie k.

ronnie k. Junior Member

As of right now 4:40am Newfoundland time almost 3000 views. I'm waiting for a reply too no go. lol

Ronnie K.

17. Toogy

Toogy Senior Member

yeah I got the same link with the same pictures, too bad it isn't real, it looks pretty sweet...

I followed along with her little game and said I'm interested, and it's gotten to a point where I got a "fake" email from a DHL rep with a fake tracking number asking me to go to a Western Union and wire them the money, yah OK! lol...... what a bunch of bullshit. I wish these scammers would just get a life...

18. FastFret

FastFret Senior Member

LOL, I got about this very same reply when i was looking into buying something off of Craigslist, it could be the very Exact Wording but, yeah, this is BULL $HIT

19. teeloh

teeloh Senior Member

It's a genuine gtr, but a scam.

From one of the pics, you can make out the serial. Does anyone know a means of posting the serial in a 'beware of this scammer' type of way? Would be good to do that here, and on other Les Paul forums.

The real owner probably does not know that pics from Ebay or somewhere have been used in the scam.

20. sbrat

sbrat Junior Member

I also went along further and received the fake DHL mails. I copied all of them and send them to the Police in London UK online. If this people operate around there andthat might help.