{{\1965 Gibson SG Special/}} Coming soon...

Discussion in 'Vintage SG' started by Mowgli5555, Feb 23, 2013.

1. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

Alright guys.... I think the sting has worn off and I am ready to tell the story.

Apparently this guitar was stolen by a relative of the original owner. It was then sold to a guitar store and was listed on Ebay.
    I won the listing and the guitar was shipped to me with instructions that I do not open it. This really really stung as I have loved SG guitars since my first one. Just the way the entire fretboard sits in front of you and the access to higher notes is so simple.

Anyway, I bought the guitar and it arrived.... You better believe it took only about 5 seconds to open the case and play it.
    For a few days I played it as I waited for the refund and shipping details. It was a nice few days.

Then it was sent back to the guitar store. Then hopefully from there to the sheriffs office and back to the original owner.
    Maybe I will throw a few pictures online. One day I will find the right SG though and that is for danm sure. Josh

Edit: Oh. The sheriff stated that this guitar belonged to a member of a professional musician (who shall remain nameless) and had a lot of sentimental value.
    That being said.... It just wasn't my SG.

2. HOT-BRIT

HOT-BRIT V.I.P. Member

dont worry mate you will find an other one

3. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

Definitely.... Far down the line though after another car. Haha......Or two. Josh

4. Kenny Davidoff

Kenny Davidoff Senior Member

The first guitar I ever owned was one of these from the early 60's. Loved the neck profile so much that I find it nearly impossible to play anything thicker or with a much different radius.

Congrats!

5. Sterling # Sound

Sterling # Sound Senior Member

Sorry to hear. Just curious about your experience of playing it... what was the shape and feel of the neck? How was the balance of the guitar?