1959 Gibson Burst

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by FLICKOFLASH, Jan 29, 2008.

1. kuther

kuther Member

So does anyone know what this guitar is worth in '09?

2. Beerdog80

Beerdog80 Banned

not worth bumping a year plus old thread for. :)

3. Roger G Lewis

Roger G Lewis Senior Member

4. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

it does make me chuckle when someone plays an electrical guitar in the classical seated position. as a self taught person it never even occurred to me to sit with a guitar that way...

awesome photos as well. that burst is a handsome mofo :thumb:

5. The baron of norsworthy

The baron of norsworthy Senior Member

Did the guitar sell??

6. Roger G Lewis

Hi Sanre Drum, Matt Sear is a great guitar player he is a classical player and one of the best in the UK but his hero is Rhandy Rhodes check this out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OP04bdXgodk]YouTube - Byrdland Film Chapter 2[/ame]

glad you enjoyed the show.

7. Roger G Lewis

The guitar didn't sell in the room, negotiations with about 3 parties continued after we left, I'll post the outcome in due course.

Heres My take on the likely outcome.

Quite an evening and afternoon, I was pretty knackered when we got home so went straight to bed even though it was only 11 pm. it's now 4.02am and I haven't unpacked my gear from the car but i'm reflecting on yesterday.
    The auctioneer worked very hard yesterday I think he had a difficult room and it is undoubtedly a difficult market the fine art market has struggled and there certainly weren't any fancy prices being paid yesterday. If that 59 burst could be had for £95k even with the buyers premium of 15% i'd do some seroius digging around to raise the money my own view is that in normal circumstances which are no more than 18 months away that guitar would fetch £200k all day long.
    Auctions are strange things and you have to have a dynamic going on with the bidding when it's a bit slow like yesterday thats when some real bargains are had. Of course quite the opposite can also happen.
    Very enjoyable and I am sure that a private sale of that guitar has every chance of being concluded If I were the Owner I would hold out for my price and wait for the next Auction with the same auctioneer. THe wait for the buyers who probably really want that guitar will be very painful, as it is in my experience always sensible to strike whilst the irons hot, at the prices in that room yesterday a bargain such as that will be hard to find at any sale in the future.

8. Roger G Lewis

What figure do you guys think this went for after the sale?
    I'll try and find out withing say 20% either side of the actual figure I would not be suprised if a deal has happened towards the higher end of the guide which was £100-£150k:thumb:

9. robb01

robb01 Member

Why can't I have more $ :)

10. xsouldriverx

xsouldriverx V.I.P. Member

depending on the guitar and what im doing i do it naturally. i find it easier to play some things that way.
    nice pictures.