1959 Gibson Burst

Discussion in 'eBay Deals' started by FLICKOFLASH, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Sinmastah

Sinmastah Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

1 Mill for a guitar that sounds the same as a regular guitar that you can purchase now. There is no way someone will buy that, unless they are Bill Gates and that was the only '59 left. And even then He would be smarter to buy a new one, and donate the rest to charity. (Just waits for someone to make a refrence to vintage muscle cars)

2. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

Have you followed the vintage guitar market ? burst now are in the 1/2 Million Mark There was only 1600 58 -60 burst made with only 600 acounted for

3. SoloDallas

SoloDallas Senior Member

Says who, you? Tried that one or a few more originals?
    *Some* original 50s LPs are THE holy grail. And they DO sound different. Probably in a non replicable way. And I did try.

It's a collector's piece. There's nothing to rebel about this price. Accept it and rest in piece. It's not for us common mortals alright, but why contesting? It's really the law of supply and demand.

These were fine instruments made back then. Now being replicated with great results. But if you really think that "that sound can be replicated by a regular guitar purchased now" you know not what you're talking about. And know little or nothing about the history of rock and roll which a few guitars like the one up above, concurred into shaping up.

Peace.

4. single cut 54

single cut 54 V.I.P. Member

Wish I could'a said it like that.I just think it's amazing that we've got someone of Richards standing on this forum to talk about and show us
    original Vintage guitars of this magnitude.

5. SoloDallas

SoloDallas Senior Member

Same!
    Especially for a guy like me who dug into this for years. With little or no information. Now the info keeps coming up. It's a blessing.

Not being able to afford a guitar doesn't make us less than others who can.
    Nothing to fear. Just admire, study it, get info about it, store it, review it and play lots our guitars!

6. NoMore

NoMore Guest

We sold a similar guitar for over $400k last month that was nowhere as nice as this one. where are you getting your prices from?

It's the US economy that's 'down' not the burst market.

7. SoloDallas

SoloDallas Senior Member

Don't worry about certain remarks. Good luck with the sale.

8. rick13

rick13 Senior Member

So why is this on e-bay? No e-bay takers?? ....I am shocked. If I had 500k to spend on a guitar, I would send someone to find it and buy it for me after the auction. I find e-bay to be an odd forum for instruments of this caliber.....other than the free publicity thank you.
    Rick

9. shotgunlew

shotgunlew V.I.P. Member

good luck, looks nice!

10. Spicoli

Spicoli V.I.P. Member

Here is a good players guitar for a good price. I have noticed most of the "player" guitars with issues are going for $100-200k (head stock repairs, refinishes, missing parts, ect). The Mick Ralph's Burst with the carved out heal couldn't even sell for $80k and its celebrity owned.

This one is $165k
    The Christopher Cross Burst on the right is now up for sale for serious offers

This one is $325k
    http://www.larkstreetmusic.com/list/pict/591.jpg

11. tiedstick

tiedstick V.I.P. Member V.I.P. Member

This was relisted today, I beleive. Man with all these rich folks out there...If I had the money I'd snatch this mother.

12. NoMore

NoMore Guest

You hit the nail on the head my friend - eBay is a perfect advertising forum. If we list a 50's Les Paul Standard on eBay we can guarantee that we will have more hits on all our auction listings and our website than we normally would. We don't expect anyone to buy a burst on ebay - although I have seen it happen, we are just happy to show off these great guitars and if we make contact with a serious buyer then that's great. We just listed a 1960 with double white & zebra PAFs and a fantastic pinstripe flame top.

13. FLICKOFLASH

FLICKOFLASH V.I.P. Member

I have met my most valued contacts all thru ebay . It is a good hookup place :wave:

14. NoMore

NoMore Guest

:applause:

15. Spicoli

Spicoli V.I.P. Member

Under $250k.

Guitars

16. marklp69

marklp69 Senior Member

17. BOBBO

BOBBO Banned

I like the one at Lark St ..:thumb: If I only had that kind of $$$ ......

18. Spicoli

Spicoli V.I.P. Member

There are a few of them out there for under $200k and a few more under $300k. The one at Emerald City has my attention.

19. NoMore

NoMore Guest

Guitars with issues are the hardest to sell at any price.

20. General Disarray

General Disarray Senior Member

You have never played or held an original burst - come back when you have and re-evaluate the above statement(s).