011495 - Possibly the Last Burst Made

Discussion in 'Vintage Les Pauls' started by delawaregold, Nov 13, 2017.

1. mudface

mudface Senior Member

Actually it is a two piece, there is a funky anomaly in the flame that runs along the bass side, from different angles it moves around.

That alone should knock off $150k. There are better tops for less...
    It's like i'm reviewing a Historic reissue,....with bigger numbers:D

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    jimmer_5 and CRobbins like this.
  2. Thumpalumpacus

Thumpalumpacus Senior Member

It does look 3-pc to me, but what do I know?

CRobbins likes this.
  3. CRobbins

CRobbins Premium Member

Its so straight it looks like a seam.

4. NorlinBlackBeauty

NorlinBlackBeauty Member

Droolworthy ...

delawaregold likes this.
  5. rogue3

rogue3 Senior Member

That is beyond...excellent pics...

delawaregold likes this.
  6. pinefd

pinefd V.I.P. Member Premium Member V.I.P. Member

Believe me, it’s not. Take it from somebody who got to spend some quality time with the guitar.

Frank

gibsongt, RevWillie, sws1 and 5 others like this.
  7. moreles

moreles Senior Member

I think I'll go over to the Norlin Era and Epiphone pages and read some of the posts by owners who explain that their '15 Epi Elitists or '83 Gibson Customs are the best LPs they've ever seen or heard.

Filipem and rockstar232007 like this.
  8. Mouse

Mouse Senior Member

highly suspicious about this one :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  9. Tone deaf

Tone deaf Senior Member

Are there supposed to be three screws in the TRC?

Made you look.

Gem23, bluesriffdev and mudface like this.
  10. Shadow Explorer

Shadow Explorer Member

Ironically the Epi Elitists and Norling Gibson actually see play time...
    If you have any actual hard Facts to disprove them though, I'm interested.

fleahead likes this.
  11. Cookie-boy

Cookie-boy Senior Member

There's an awful lot of bollocks being talked in this thread, mainly by people who appear to have no knowledge OR interest in vintage Les Pauls.

12. bluesriffdev

bluesriffdev Senior Member

Regardless of what you think about the state of affairs Gibson is in at the moment, you'd be nuts thinking anything great would come out of China, at least not yet. Granted, they've certainly got better, but I can still easily tell a Chinese guitar by playing it. They might have gotten better at fit and finish, but they still play like dogs. I'd buy a Gibson branded guitar from Japan (and I have before; look at Orvilles and Orville by Gibsons), but if you're looking for quality I wouldn't even think about getting something from China. Everything there is made to a budget and the workers there really don't give as much of a shit as Japanese or Gibson Custom Shop luthiers. Remember that the people paying $7k for a burst reissue aren't doing it because there aren't cheaper alternatives, they're after high quality guitars.

All your posts are very doomsday-ish of the guitar industry. Tell me, do you have an underground bunker in your garage and stock up on tinned food?

BrianB and mudface like this.
  13. Andy California

Andy California Senior Member

Why do people assume that Gibson will be bought by a Chinese company? And why do people assume that after the buy out, all Gibson guitars will be made in China? I think it's safe to assume that the production of lower-end guitars could be moved out of the USA, though, because everyone's done that.

14. Lampens

Lampens Senior Member

Any les paul without a neck crack isn't a real les paul. It's like a rite of passage.
    Any les paul without a neck crack isn't a real les paul. It's like a rite of passage.

bluesriffdev likes this.
  15. mudface

mudface Senior Member

What does any of this have to do with Vintage Guitars?..............Or any thing to do with instruments that Gibson has already made?.....
    If Gibson should Fail or Sale has no effect on what they have already produced.........if anything Used prices would go up......Vintage Gibson's, not just the 'Burst market, but all vintage Gibson's would inflate.............not good for buyers (so buy'em now if you can)......and sellers will have to wait a little longer to sell...........Gibson will pay the bills,...they may have to sell off some of those acquired companies.....but that's business.

16. morrisman77

morrisman77 Senior Member

Looks a bit like fake one that popped up in Canada some years back that was being passed by a dealer as a "real" burst but was non of the sort!

17. bluesriffdev

bluesriffdev Senior Member

I don't disagree with you; we were replying to someone who seems to think that the closure of Gibson would drop the vintage prices. I mean, I'm no economist, but wouldn't that raise the prices?

mudface likes this.
  18. mudface

mudface Senior Member

Absolutely, not just vintage but I imagine all Gibson instruments would have greater value.

bluesriffdev likes this.
  19. Filipem

Filipem Senior Member

No one can say what will be valuable in the future. In the near future sure, but long term who knows

20. steve2

steve2 Member

One thing is for damn sure, Gibson can't "pay the bills". I tried to make it clear by saying it is like a person that makes $50,000, and actually brings home $3000/month, having a credit card with 22% interest, and a balance of $600,000. If you knew a person in that situation, You would never say "OH' THEY WILL GET IT ALL PAID OFF ONE OF THESE DAYS". You would say "THAT PERSON IS HOPELESSLY DOOMED, IT'S ONLY A MATTER OF TIME BEFORE HE MISSES THE MINIMUM PAYMENT". Gibson owes 13 years of their income. THEY ARE TOAST. The national debt is supposedly the worst thing ever for our children, and the U.S. owes about 20 trillion, or 4 years of total income. Gibson Brands is 3 times worse than that.