£70 - I love new gear!!

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by DoctorSkullington, Jul 25, 2010.

1. DoctorSkullington

DoctorSkullington Senior Member

I have £70, and I love new gear.

Should I buy a new pedal or save up for another guitar?

I'm a metal player, Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet for my Valentine are my kind of bands.

What pedal should I get? (I have wah/dist/flanger/sonic stomp).
    If to save up for a guitar, what guitar? (I have an Ibanez RG321MH which I love. Fixed bridge, nice blue sparkle and a lush neck).

Suggestions?

2. Hector Arcadius

Hector Arcadius Senior Member

No idea man. You can only know your needs and how satisfied you are from your gear already. As far as pedals are concerned, perhaps a delay or phaser...? What about the amp? Does the AVT covers you? You only know your needs man.

3. V!N

V!N Senior Member

A good tube amp. The Blackstar HT Venue Series blew me away ! That's a lot of bang for the buck.

4. DoctorSkullington

I was just cleaning my Ibanez when I noticed the screws are getting rusty and the hardware doesn't look great. Maybe I should strip her down, clean everything then get new screws ect? I also like the look Jacksons. I also want a delay. Hmm :[

Oh yeah my amp needs are pretty much meeted. Sometimes I run it with a Line 6 Spider 3 for a bigger tone. You get the beef and the awesome tone from the Marshall, then the added sound from the Line 6.

5. DoctorSkullington

I might just take in somewhere wheret hey could strip everything off, clean, and replace anything that's unusable. Then I can get some new pickups, and wiring and end with a guitar much better than I started with...

6. firesgt911

firesgt911 Senior Member

The AVT amps are killer. Ibanez guitars rock! I agree with above, Phaser or Delay! Give a Phase 90 a try!