£4,400? Just got it's got some bloke's signature on it?

Discussion in 'Epiphone Les Pauls' started by davies, Jun 4, 2011.

1. davies

davies Banned/Not Banned V.I.P. Member

Ebay ID 140559423181
    Direct link President Obama signed Epi Nuclear Extreme Crackle

I asked the seller how much he'd want for just the guitar - he said, and I quote, 'the pickguard is attached to the guitar. I can't take it off.'

I respectfully pointed out that it was only a matter of undoing two screws but he's adamant he won't separate them (despite saying he was unable to take it off).

Now I know there's not much love here for the Nuclear Extremes... but what a waste of a great looking guitar.

2. msfenderarg

msfenderarg Senior Member

3. purevilpleasure

purevilpleasure Senior Member

You are bidding on an extremely rare and beautifully designed President Obama Signed Les Paul Epiphone Electric Guitar

I must have missed the release of the Epi Senator/President Editions.

4. davies

davies Banned/Not Banned V.I.P. Member

I seem to remember the Nuclear Extreme's being UK-release only, or at least certain editions of them were. Maybe the POS-version was UK release only - which is why you missed it maybe?

(And when I say POS, I don't refer to the usual description of the Nuclear Extremes finishes!)

5. fry

fry Senior Member

I saw Les Paul @ the Iridium, and got his autograph after the show. The guy in front of me was having Les sign a bunch of pickguards. I never imagined people would do something like that until I saw it for myself. I later saw someone with a bunch of Epi LP 100's on Ebay with Les' autograph on the pickguard for something like $899 each. I'm sure the autographs were real, but Les never saw the whole guitar. Pretty low.

6. -=[Shifty]=-

-=[Shifty]=- Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

I say that man was very considerate, saving Les Paul from having to see all those LP-100s. :naughty:
    Now, selling them for $899...that is low. :laugh2:

7. RavenMadd

RavenMadd Senior Member

whos Obama?

8. epilespaul2000

epilespaul2000 Senior Member

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XN2R_KwPucc]YouTube - ‪Obama Llama Song - Barack Obama‬‏[/ame]

9. fry

fry Senior Member

Great news. I was zippin' around Ebay, and the Obama LP is still available. Found some other treasures to pick up with it. An Epiphone Les Paul case for only $192, but the shipping is free! Also, a set of Gibson 490/498 humbuckers that the guy wants $35 just for shipping alone! I know there are alot of people with more money than brains, but this stuff is ridiculous.

10. Mr_Spaceman

Mr_Spaceman Junior Member

... is it just me or oes Obama's autograph look a little like the 'Zodiak' symbol.... I'm just saying...

[​IMG]