Where does the chorus pedal goes when BOSS NS-2 exists in a pedal chain?

Discussion in 'Tonefreaks' started by itasoulas, Nov 2, 2009.

1. itasoulas

itasoulas Senior Member

Hey people...how you all doin? Anyone good with pedal order? If so i've got a question for ya!

Ok, i know how pedal order goes but what happens if a BOSS NS-2 (noise supressor) appears in the chain? To be more precise, where does the chorus goes? According to BOSS NS-2 manual we have the following which i understand...

Guitar --> NS-2 INPUT

NS-2 OUTPUT ---> DELAY - REVERB

NS-2 SEND ---> COMPRESSOR - DISTORTION ---> NES-2 RETURN

( schematic here on page 2 http://lib.roland.co.jp/support/en/manuals/res/1811121/NS-2_e.pdf )

Should i put the chorus after the DISTORTION (meaning that the chorus is in the NS-2 loop) or shall i put it before the DELAY (meaning that the chorus will connect to the normal OUTPUT) ??? I've got a Blackheart so no FX Loop on my amp. When i am talking about the NS-2 loop i am talking about the pedal's SEND/RETURN loop.

Anyone to figure out where to put the chorus??? Thanks! :hmm:

2. opalburn

opalburn Senior Member

i would put it after the ns 2 and before the delay.. but thats my own persnal preferrence... i like to use a nice chorus while i'm distorted sometimes, especially with some delay, to give me what we have started calling the 'hero guitar' sound...

3. J.LaGrassa

J.LaGrassa Senior Member

I would place the chorus before the delay, the loop of the NS-2 should be used with just noisy effects such as OD and Dist pedals.... I would also put the Compressor before the NS-2 and see if you like there!

4. >Photi G<

>Photi G< Senior Member