Sonic Stomp or Giggity

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by bluesbreaker68, May 9, 2013.

1. bluesbreaker68

bluesbreaker68 Member

Been thinking about adding one of these to my board so who has either one of these and which is better????

1 person likes this.
  2. hbucker

hbucker Senior Member

Can't tell you which is better.

I've had the Sonic Stomp for about 3 months now and think it's great. I never turn it off regardless of the amp, channel, guitar, effects, or other settings. It's on all the time.

It's subtle. I compare it to trying to describe vanilla. I like it, I would miss it if it were gone. But it's subtle. It adds edge and focus to my tone without being harsh or covering up the amp's natural warmth. It can be set to sound horrible. But mine is not.

Frankly, I have no idea what the other pedal is that you are considering.

Good luck.

3. bluesbreaker68

bluesbreaker68 Member

The giggity I think is like the sonic stomp with 4 different settings and has a bit of drive to it.But I think the sonic stomp might be what I'm looking for..just don't know yet

4. dickjonesify

dickjonesify Senior Member

The Giggity seems pretty cool. I had never seen that before.
    Personally, I've always been turned off by the BBE Sonic Maximizer thing. It's always seemed gimmicky to me. Not sure why I have that impression exactly but I digress.

It could be exactly what you need. Without knowing the intimate details of your setup, Giggity gets my vote.

5. hbucker

hbucker Senior Member

I understand why you think that. That's why it took me about 8 years to finally give it a try - and only because I got a great deal on a used one. Frankly, I don't think it's gimmicky anymore. Not any more so than an eq in the loop, and attenuator, or any other effect for that matter.

Could I live without it? Yes. Would I like it as much if I had to keep tweaking it and turning it on and off depending on my amp, settings, effects or guitars? No.

But for me it really has been a set it, leave it on, and forget it kind of pedal. Trust me, I get your suspicion. But it really is an over all improvement in my rig.

6. NYC LP player

NYC LP player Premium Member

Giggty and then repaint the top as it looks like an 80s Trapper Keeper

7. ElectricMojo

ElectricMojo Senior Member

I haven't played a Sonic Stomp, but I can tell you the Giggity is pretty awesome.

8. bluesbreaker68

bluesbreaker68 Member

Right now it's just 4 pedals- Crybaby-Drivetrain (boost)-Boss FDR 1- Joyo Hot Plexi

I'm debating whether to add a few more pedals or not and just have them hooked up to the effects loop side ( Soul Vibe, RM600 Rotary) and any delay I use comes from the amp which I use a foot switch for.

It's just going to come down to trying them both out and seeing which one will be better suited for my rig.

9. hbucker

hbucker Senior Member

Hey! Trapper Keepers rocked!

10. bluesbreaker68

bluesbreaker68 Member

Here's gearmandude's review of the giggity

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8rWJYzm2F4]Voodoo Lab GIGGITY overdrive pedal demo with RS Guitarworks Blackguard and LERXST amp - YouTube[/ame]