Ralph Paul?

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by Lucky, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Lucky

Lucky Member

So I got up early this morning and turned on the TV. There is some guy on there selling dvd guitar lessons named Ralph Paul. Has anyone ever heard of this clown?? Call me crazy, but I am pretty sure this guy is Esteban in a different costume.

My curiosity was peaked so I did a little research on them. Esteban's real last name just happens to be"Paul". Both wear sunglasses all the time (I learned that "Stephen Paul" had a car accident that left him extremely sensitive to light).

I find the whole thing really odd and slightly crazy...lol. Just bizarre.

Posted from Mylespaul.com App for Android

2. GuitarToneFreak

GuitarToneFreak Senior Member

I've watched the infomercial 4 times - it's the best unintentional comedy I've seen since Batman and Robin. :D

I'm all for something that wants to help people learn, but the people in the crowd are such bad actors, I can't find ANYTHING about this guy on the internet - the whole thing just rubs me the wrong way.

Plus, and I know why they have to do it with reasons pertaining to selling it, but the whole "learn to play in 5 minutes" really bothers me. It gives people the false hope that they can learn to play all of their favorite songs in 5 minutes - and it's probably going to deter people more than it'll give them incentive to actually learn the instrument.

But past that, it's my favorite infomercial ever. Just... so funny. :laugh2:

3. guitar_randy

guitar_randy Senior Member

I find the guy annoying and his concept disturbing