Navigator Les Paul

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by JimmyPage968, Aug 10, 2010.

1. JimmyPage968

JimmyPage968 Senior Member

Ok i don't own one myself, but i'd like to see you lucky guys out there who do own them. I want a bunch of pictures.:naughty:

2. WalderNo1

WalderNo1 Senior Member

I am one of those lucky guys. It seems like it`s not many of those here.
    Will post later, i`m at work now :)

3. mono

mono Senior Member

GRuggier likes this.
  4. WalderNo1

WalderNo1 Senior Member

Ahh that white custum will haunt me, i'm sure of that. I never have the funds
    when something like that is up for sale.

5. Mowgli5555

Mowgli5555 Senior Member

Yeah...Well I think he wants $2500 for it. It seems like a great guitar however. But its creeping into the mid-higher end Gibby range. But it is a sweet one. Good luck Tux. Josh

6. nwobhm

nwobhm Senior Member

I've got a Lemondrop, NLP380ltd. Great player,well made, Honduran Mahagony, Honduran fretboard which, is like Brazillian but, stiffer with a really tight grain. Tight and focused sound with good sustain which, favors more modern tones. My R8 is a little more airey and woody, vintage sounding, both are great guitars though. The Navigator for Appetite For Destruction and the R8 for more Beano ERA, Kossoff tone. http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/other-les-pauls/94219-belated-ngd-navigator-nlp380ltd.html

GRuggier likes this.
  7. mono

mono Senior Member

been wondering what your avatar photo was of for a while now.... NICE!

8. JimmyPage968

JimmyPage968 Senior Member

They are crafted by a single luthier, correct? By the way, beautiful custom.

9. WalderNo1

WalderNo1 Senior Member

Ok, i didn`t post any pics of mine, but here they are:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

GRuggier likes this.
  10. Tuxedo Kaz

Tuxedo Kaz Senior Member

Yup. A Navigator is usually build from blank-up in the ESP Custom Shop by a single luthier; the people chosen for the Navigator series team are ESP's top Custom Shop guys. They exclusively handle Navigator and Order Made (ESP Japan jargon for custom-ordered one-offs). The results are pretty awesome. It's no surprise a new 480-series N-LP will command a new price exceeding that of its Gibson counterparts.

Coool! CTM/P...I'd love one like that with a set of Lollars. Are those ESP CUSTOM LAB pups?

Thanks for the bit of free advertisement, though now I'm strongly reconsidering keeping my Navi. It was hard to track one down used in great condition as that and I know that money troubles come and go.

More pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dougj and GRuggier like this.
  11. mono

mono Senior Member

Do yourself a favour and keep it then, kaz!!
    That's the sort of guitar which is worth going a few months without beer or proper food :)

12. Tuxedo Kaz

Tuxedo Kaz Senior Member

Too true. I screwed myself and have two guitars I absolutely never want to part with. :D

13. Mr. Right

Mr. Right Senior Member

[​IMG]

Wholly molly, look how low that action is, and how dark that board is... beautiful. I wish I had some free cash.

Mr.

GRuggier likes this.
  14. Tuxedo Kaz

Tuxedo Kaz Senior Member

Yup, super low action...partly due to how low those #214 frets are. Another (weird) but cool thing is the metal switchtip. Aside from Navigators, I've never seen that done. Then again, I've never played a vintage LPC, so I dunno how accurate that is or not, but it's cool.

15. Tuxedo Kaz

Tuxedo Kaz Senior Member

These are my plans for it, if I do keep it. DiMarzion Norton bridge, DiMarzio Air Norton neck. Dunlop straplocks and a set of gold-top witch-hat knobs. Not sure about the pointers lol.

[​IMG]

16. Mr. Right

Mr. Right Senior Member

I've never heard of a metal switch tip. A small detail, but really really cool. I would have never noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out. Thanks for sharing that.

Mr.

17. Tuxedo Kaz

Tuxedo Kaz Senior Member

Yeah. Everything about these things are overbuilt. Big damn caps in the control cavity, super-neat (hand-routed) control cavity, superb binding... I definitely want another Navi. There's a N-LP-380LTD on Yahoo! Japan right now, kinda run through the ringer, lemondrop, that is absolutely gorgeous. Wish I could buy it.

18. Mr. Right

Mr. Right Senior Member

I hear ya man. I either need the economy to pick up or I need to win the lotto. haha. Hang in there, the Navi you have is incredible. Maybe just keep it.

Mr.

19. Tuxedo Kaz

Tuxedo Kaz Senior Member

Maybe so.

I love this vid. A guy from ESP Craft House (ESP's direct retailer in Shibuya, where you can buy direct and even design your own customs in-person with luthiers, even choose the wood) explains about Navigator...and even compares it against what looks to be a 50s Burst conversion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnJ-sKDKjU0]YouTube - Navigator N-LP-480LTD[/ame]

stratlt and GRuggier like this.
  20. WalderNo1

WalderNo1 Senior Member

The neck is the Alnico V from seymore duncan, those are custom wound. Both are Duncan. But they sound awsome, like you i`m totaly blown away by the quality on these guitars.