Last nights BLS concert - Pics

Discussion in 'The Backstage' started by rideski, Apr 6, 2009.

1. rideski

rideski Senior Member

Hey all,
    My son and I are Black Label Society fans (him more so than I) so when I saw that they were coming to Toronto I made sure to get tickets as soon as they went on sale. Toronto is a 4 hr drive from where we live in Quebec.
    Well we got to the concert a little early, which as it turns out was a good choice, as we found out that the concert was all general admission (our tix had seat numbers??) much to our surprise.
    My son is only 11 yrs old and the thought of him in a mosh pit with BLS fans was a little scarey for both of us! As it turned out we managed to get right up front of the crowd and in the front row...although a little off of stage right. This ended up being an amazing spot as Zakk's guitar tech was right in front of us. The line up of all of Zakks Gibsons was almost within reach, as were the performers (his bassist was within spitting distance of us).
    It was really cool to see all the guitars Zakk takes on tour with him and talk to him...he even gave both of us a couple of Zakks picks.
    The band that opened was DOPE which I was not familiar with but had a great stage presence....I wasn't fond of their lyrics though....good at what they do all the same.
    During DOPE's performance the crowd was roudy but the moshing was pretty much non-existant. Once BLS came on though it was amped up 1000%. I had to fight the crowd back the entire time so that my son wasn't crushed by the pack (again I thought I had seats and not general admin). It was intense!
    Below is a bunch of pics from the show... not the best quality due to the environment

Zakks' Guitars
    [​IMG]
    Guitar tech tuning Zakks' axes
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Double neck SG..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    more pics coming..

2. rideski

rideski Senior Member

Here are some pics of DOPE..

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

BLS pics to come..

3. rideski

rideski Senior Member

Black Label Society..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. 73roadrunner

73roadrunner Senior Member

I have a thread about the show in Pittsburgh I started a few days ago, I know someone from the SDUGF who went to the show you were at... & when Dope did Fuck The Police, it was a cover of an old rap song:thumb:

5. lowe

lowe V.I.P. Member

i would love to go this year but theyre not coming really anywhere close to me. i dont think

6. rideski

rideski Senior Member

DOPE did a great job and gave BLS a tonne of respect. They did everything the opening act was supposed to do.

7. 73roadrunner

Was there another band playing too? We had Dope, Sevendust & BLS with some band from NJ opening

8. rideski

rideski Senior Member

I guess I was lucky as they came within 4 hrs of us (driving time) although I had to drag the whole family with us to Toronto. Fortunately we have family there..

9. rideski

rideski Senior Member

Well Sevendust were slotted to play but apparently were detained at the boarder.

10. 73roadrunner

That sucks, they were awesome too!

11. captain tightpants

captain tightpants Banned

I saw BLS in Chico a month ago, damned good show. I wasn't familiar with Dope, but they put on a damned good show. They did an awesome cover of "Rebel Yell", about the only thing I recognized, but they were good, all the same.

BLS was very solid, although the lyrics were a little muffled.

12. rideski

rideski Senior Member

They did do a great job with Rebel Yell.

13. Sky

Sky Senior Member

After some time I've become o big fan of BLS and Zakk himself.

14. lifele55

lifele55 Senior Member

Holy sweet...! inxs996 would love to see these pics not unless he's at the show as well. lol..