Killer Guitar Control Secrets

Discussion in 'Guitar Lessons' started by lewis11777, Oct 12, 2009.

1. lewis11777

lewis11777 Junior Member

Can anyone say if this guys DVD's are worth it for a beginner or not. Also what are the best software programs out there, for someone who has never played?

2. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Senior Member

Best info for a beginner is probably from Marty. Go to youtube and search Marty Schwartz. He's got plenty of free vids on youtube to get you started. Also search for JustinSandercoe (ditto on the free stuff).

I'd skip the Killer Guitar Control - the guy looks like a tool and he seems to be making a mountain out of a mole hill...

3. lewis11777

lewis11777 Junior Member

Thanks Bro!

4. tintin

tintin Senior Member

Big 1+ on Marty. Also, for organized, documented, and totally free guitar instruction, try Justinguitar.com.

5. lewis11777

lewis11777 Junior Member

I was doing a little more reading on the web and for those who have a little extra cash to spend the "Learn and Master" DVD Course is the number 1 rated shareware course by several review sites. As mentioned above there are lots of great free lessons but this is one stop shopping if you don't mind paying a premium. Incidently they are running a Columbus Day special of $100.00 discount. One thing I did notice though is many of the big guitar stores that also carry DVD lessons don't carry this course. I'm guessing due to the steep price. :wow:

Instructional DVD Programs by Legacy Learning Systems | Bringing Personal Dreams Within Reach

6. bill.spanburgh

bill.spanburgh Member

Check out Scotty West also. He offers 4 free lessons online so you can get an idea if his style of teaching is for you. O bought his DVD course and I like it so far.

YouTube - scottyxcom's Channel

7. tintin

tintin Senior Member

I always figured it (Learn and Master) was all a big scam- the fake review sites and all.

8. lewis11777

lewis11777 Junior Member

9. River

River Senior Member

10. tintin

tintin Senior Member

Good enough. I'm just not a DVD course type (or haven't been to date.) My attention span can usually handle Youtube lessons, but playing a DVD is somehow too much for me! :sadwave:

11. MorganPeline

MorganPeline Senior Member

12. Zoshquin

Zoshquin Senior Member

13. 5F6-A

5F6-A Senior Member

14. TeleDog

TeleDog V.I.P. Member

There's no shortcut, I guess, you just have to practice as much as you can and be willing to learn not just from DVDs but from everybody, everywhere, every time you get a chance.

I've seen those "play guitar like God in 30 minutes" things and I've been tempted to report them to the BBB! lol

15. GNR4EVR

GNR4EVR Epi Verification Expert V.I.P. Member

Ive got the Legacy DVDs. They seem to cover everything. Got it for my B-day. Lots of independent finger exersizes and sheet music learning.

16. dennis g

dennis g Senior Member

I've had the L&MG course for a couple of years. This is the crown jewel. It takes you from "this is a guitar" to a pretty accomplished player, covering a multitude of styles etc. It covers what you need to know, when you need to know it. As for the cost, well, how much is a private lesson? $25- $50? and you get 30 minutes. With this course you get it all, can learn at your pace, have a great community forum, etc. but make no mistake; this is not a "learn to ..... in 30 minutes" deal. This is a very comprehensive course designed to teach you how to really play the guitar. I have no interest in them other than being a satisfied customer. Check them out and visit the discussion boards to see for yourself.