Heritage H150 price $$$ ???

Discussion in 'Other Single-Cuts' started by shwantz34, Jan 17, 2011.

1. shwantz34

shwantz34 Junior Member

Hi !
    I would like to have input about Heritage H-150. I reed a lot of stuff here saying that they sell cheaper than the Gibson équivalent, but that's not what i've seen.The H150 cw is beetween $2300.00 to $2700.00 same range as a Gibson Standard. Where have you seen htem ( heritage ) for less than that ?

2. JamesT

JamesT Senior Member

3. tojo

tojo Senior Member

I think the new Heritage guitars are priced very similar to a new USA Gibson.

The difference being that the Heritage guitars tend not to hold their value over the long term quite as well - simply because they don't say Gibson on the headstock - not because they are inferior guitars. Many say they are better. But we all have to judge for ourselves. I would like to own one someday.

The value in Heritage is on the used market rather than retail.

4. shwantz34

shwantz34 Junior Member

Wow !! The custum look awsome, i will be patient

5. shwantz34

shwantz34 Junior Member

I think like you. Buying new will not be a good deal they cost as much as Gibson, But they don't keep their value as well as the Gibson.
    If you find some good deals let me know.
    I already have mail to some that have seen.
    Do they sound different then a Moder LP Standard,( more like the old non chambered one) ?

6. JamesT

JamesT Senior Member

Heritage guitars are amazing. Especially if you can snag on from around 1986 when Gibson moved their plant and the displaced employees started Heritage. They still make really top notch instruments that age well and play (in my opinion) better than comparable Gibson models. Early Heritage models are actually quite valuable to those in the know (read: Guitar gearheads).

7. Gabriel

Gabriel Senior Member

The H150 I tried was an amazing guitar. But for the price I couldn't get over how stupid the headstock looks.