Gibson releases new Rusty Anderson signature ES-335

Discussion in 'Other Gibsons' started by Maccadude33, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Maccadude33

Maccadude33 Senior Member

Being a regular visitor of Wildwood's new arrivals page, I was pleasantly surprised to discover that Gibson has released a new signature ES-335 for none other than Rusty Anderson. For those of you who don't know him, he's been Paul McCartney's lead guitarist for the past decade or so, give or take a few years. He almost always sports a natural ES-335 at Macca's concerts, and I always liked the look of it. Looks pretty slick! Although it also looks like a run-of-the-mill reissue to me. Perhaps that's a good thing. (Link should work as long as they have that particular guitar listed on their site. There is one other one up for sale too.)

Here's a picture of it:
    [​IMG]

I'm not a huge fan of signature models, but you have to admit, between the Chris Cornell, Kirk Douglass, and now this sig, they're doing a good job of putting out some classy guitars. Why can't I go a day without GAS? :laugh2:

2. MiniB

MiniB Senior Member

Actually a pretty normal price as far as these models go, too. Pretty nice.

3. christophervolume

christophervolume Senior Member

very cool. i'll say it again, gibson it giving sigs to some cool players as of late. rusty doesn't get enough credit for his jazz playing. check it out.

4. Maccadude33

I heard he and Brian Ray put out solo material. I'll check it out at some point.

I agree, it's priced fairly well. Too bad I don't have that kind of dough lying around! xD

5. Backstage

Backstage Senior Member

With "Classic 57" pickups instead the newer "Custom Bucker" but what might be the "Custom Neck Profile"?

6. Maccadude33

Great question. If I had to guess, possibly something between a 50s and 60s neck?

7. MiniB

MiniB Senior Member

From the wildwood measurements (before it was removed), it seems pretty similar to the '30k over 60' profile they have on other guitars...which is slightly thicker than a slim 60's.

8. jena_fuller

jena_fuller Junior Member

9. bigsnaketex

bigsnaketex Senior Member

Has anyone played one of these yet? They've gotten great reviews but I haven't been able to find one to play and was wondering if anyone else has - and what they thought?!

10. doitforvangogh

doitforvangogh Senior Member

I've had my eye on those, as well as the Cornell for a while now. Torn, man, torn.

But now I'm just screwed. Gibson announced the Warren Haynes '61 ES-335 model.

Guess I'll never own an ES-335. Too hard to pick.