FSOT: 1992 Gibson LPC Wine Red (excellent ++ cond)

Discussion in 'Member Classifieds' started by DADF#AD, Apr 21, 2017.

1. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Member

Hello everyone! I'm selling my 1992 Gibson LPC that I bought a while back from one of our well known forum members.

This guitar has a solid, one piece mahogany back with a one piece hog neck, a well matched two piece maple carved top, double body binding, neck binding, FEBs, the usual fancy headstock binding w/MOP inlay work, a gorgeous dark ebony fretboard, gold hardware, stock 490R/498T pups and OHSC complete w/hang tag, blank warranty card, case lock instructional pamphlet & truss rod wrench.

Everything listed is 100% stock from the factory & under 10lb. The neck is not quite a modern 60's taper but it's not quite a '59 either. It's somewhere in between but is pretty comfortable to most people who have tried it out. There are no cracks, breaks or repairs to this piece. Some minor light swirls on the pick guard and no worming or buckle rash on the back. It had a recent set up w/medium low action w/10s and the truss rod works as designed.

This guitar plays and sounds wonderful and there is no urgent need to sell her but I have the itch for something different now.

I currently have this LPC up for sale on my local CL & on Reverb for $2950. but will drop the price to $2800. for any forum members here, if interested. Buyer must pay insured shipping but maybe we can deal on that a bit. I'm not really looking to trade unless it's a 13-16 R8 Lemon burst w/some flame (dirty lemon is OK too) +/- cash depending on the offer.

You can see pics of the guitar here: http://dadfsharpad.imgur.com

Full disclosure: This guitar is in excellent ++ shape minus a very minor ding on the side of the bass side of the headstock between the E & A tuners. I have detailed this in a headstock photo. There is also one other very tiny dent on the upper bout near the toggle switch that does not go through the finish and did not even show up in the photos. I always treat my equipment like gold and keep it in the case when not playing it in my smoke free, temperature controlled home. I don't even gig my equipment. Please feel free to PM me w/any questions that you may have. Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 23, 2017
  2. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Member

Bump up

3. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Member

^ Bump for a nice guitar ^

4. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Member

Bump up and I'll drop the price to $2750. shipped - only for forum members.

5. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Member

Bump up for a nice all original Custom! Still entertaining offers...

6. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Member

Bump up for LPC.

7. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Member

** Price Reduced **

$2700. Paypal gift or regular PP (you cover the fee) shipped right to your door!

Still open to trade +/- cash for lemonburst R8.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017 at 7:18 PM
  8. pillbug

pillbug Senior Member

Is this a non-smoking guitar? If you know what I mean. I'm allergic to tobacco and I brought home one just like this from a guitar show awhile back. Had to sell it unfortunately due to the smell. Thanks in advance and enjoy the free bump.

9. DADF#AD

DADF#AD Member

Thanks for responding, pillbug. Great question! That would really bother me too.

I'm a nonsmoker and I live and keep my gear in a smoke free home. I don't gig my stuff either. There is no pet or smoke/tobacco odor at all with either the case or the guitar. As evidenced by lack of play wear on it, this guitar probably hasn't been out of the case much, aside from me or the previous owner(s) playing it somewhat sparingly.