Catalinbread RAH

Discussion in 'Pedals' started by Kalz, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Kalz

Kalz Senior Member

I swear I'm about to have negative money from pedals like this.. definitely buying it

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6-u-VmKBnM[/ame]

4 people like this.
  2. gibsonguitar1988

gibsonguitar1988 Senior Member

On order!

2 people like this.
  3. 2009LPGT

2009LPGT Senior Member

Great sounding pedal!!! Austin, the King of Tone High Gain side can get pretty dang close. All in the volume and tone controls. But have some EQ control would be sweet. Andy also points out what most manufacturers seem to miss, this tone through "an American Tube amp" i.e. Fender Blackface. I have been saying this for 25 years!!

Andy totally nails those licks! Amazing!!

1 person likes this.
  4. gibsonguitar1988

I hope to have mine soon. My KOT is the standard gain model. And you know me - I like to control everything with pedals and am not much of a knob guy! :D I just put Duncan 59s in my #1 and hope to try it out soon!

5. Woodsie

Woodsie Senior Member

OH COME ON CATILINBREAD! I was done buying pedals! Dammit!

When you guys get these, I want full reviews. I know Youtube demos can be a little decieving.

1 person likes this.
  6. Rock

Rock Senior Member

Yes!

7. gibsonguitar1988

PGS is sold out now. Glad I bought mine. I am in Page mode!!!

2 people like this.
  8. tao_of_drew

tao_of_drew Senior Member

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnttttt!

9. battweek

battweek Senior Member

damn you guys. I keep seeing this thing pop up here. I thought I was done for dirt pedals... just one more wouldn't hurt... just one more...

10. gibsonguitar1988

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRuvHHEKvw8]Catalinbread RAH: Led Zeppelin What Is & Heartbreaker - YouTube[/ame]

WHEN IS MY PEDAL GETTING HERE?!

Going to watch The Song Remains The Same again today.... I have my LP now set up like Page's too with the uncovered bridge pup... I'm ready for some Pagetone! :D

1 person likes this.
  11. kboman

kboman Senior Member

They really need to showcase this pedal with something OTHER than LZ because while the pedal sounds interesting, the way they apply it makes it sound like just another trebly, half-cocked-wah pick-attack fest :/
    Sure that's Page's general tone, but still...

1 person likes this.
  12. Kalz

Kalz Senior Member

good thing there is a switch for treble, mids and bass :) im sure you can achieve quite a bit with it

1 person likes this.
  13. gibsonguitar1988

I disagree. It sounds great to me. I don't get the dislike for this pedal. It sounds great to me. I don't hear any half-cocked-wah or anything. Sounds great to me.

And after all - it IS made to have Page's tone, not be a general rock overdrive LOL. This nails Page's tone exact. I will be using it for Zep and Zep only. People love it because Catalinbread was surprised they sold so many in the first couple days. This is the closest anyone has ever got to having Zep tone in a pedal - and they nailed it.

14. kboman

kboman Senior Member

Eh, I'm just cranky because I miss my girlfriend and the dog :(

I think it get the wah-thing from the heavy upper-mids focus in the guys sound in the live video there. That's where the electric guitars lives, especially the Les Paul in bridge position, but it gets pretty over the top for me at the end.

I do think it sounds good - I was just hoping to see some more versatility.

15. Kalz

Kalz Senior Member

he doesnt do a great demo on it but man this things gets bawlsy

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFDq2op6PLM]Catalinbread - RAH - WIIO - Royal Albert Hall Edition - YouTube[/ame]

once us MLP members get our pedals in and fiddle with it im sure you will get a good review :)

1 person likes this.
  16. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

i'm with you, man. andy's demo in particular sounded flat and flubby. i'd get a normal WIIO before this, i think

17. gibsonguitar1988

I'm a big fan of mids and treble. I personally run my amps with bass at 2 or 3, mids at 8 or so, and treble at 8. I like a lot of thickness. And I'm not a big fan of a dark tone or much bass/lower mids. I like a midrangey but bright tone. That's why I love tubescreamers. They cut the bass out and give you lots of mids.

I haven't got any shipping info yet but I'm hoping it's here soon. As I said, if you don't like the sound of the pedal - you wouldn't like Page's tone because this is the only pedal that really gets the Zep Page tone. And this pedal was made to not be a versatile all around overdrive but rather to just get Page's tone in a box through any amp, guitar, etc. It's Page-in-a-box. If it was supposed to be a generic overdrive or a HiWatt in a box - then I'd understand. But it's made for that specific sound. :)

18. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

seriously not trying to cause trouble here man, i just don't hear Page (not even RAH Page, which as you have said before is a rare and specific beast) in this pedal. maybe the user demos will be more convincing.

19. snaredrum

snaredrum V.I.P. Member

i've pulled out the Led Zep DVD again. am watching it now. i'm ON this, guys :D

20. 2009LPGT

2009LPGT Senior Member

I want to sound like ME at the Royal Albert Hall! Now THAT would be cool!! :rock:

3 people like this.