1991 Gibson OP-25 acoustic

Discussion in 'Other Guitars' started by JIM'S GoldTOP, Jan 7, 2010.

1. JIM'S GoldTOP

JIM'S GoldTOP Senior Member

1991 Gibson OP-25 acoustic/electric...less than 200 made!

I have never heard of a Gibson op-25. The seller says only 200 were made? I cant find that much info on this guitar. Is $575 a good price for a OP-25 in this kind of condition? I'm ok its beat up because i'm concerned with the sound of it over the looks. This is one of the cheapest gibson acoustics I could find in my area. So please give me some info on this guitar. thanks!

2. dynabite

dynabite Senior Member

Ah, the old "Oil Pan" - not much into fiberglass, you can do better for the $$$ I'm sure.

3. Hemply

Hemply Senior Member

Is that a polymer back and sides?

Never saw one of these before... reminds me of Ovations which I never cared for.

4. Hemply

Hemply Senior Member

double post...

PROXY ERROR MLP :rolleyes:

5. dans

dans Junior Member

Well, I bought one in new hampshire in 2000 and still love to play it. Due to the round plastic body they have much tinier acoustic sound compared to the fully wooden related models, but if you use mics or better pick up -the installed ephiphonic IV is not very valuable, though, you can easily get over this handicap. I got a certificate from the guitar dealer, that they were done in less than 200 copies, too. Being unknown model makes them cheap, but in my opinion OP-25s are valuable Gibson acoustic instruments with of the quality and sound you expect. I bought mine for 575 USD, worthy the money. As for other gibsons, you sholud change the gibson de-luxe tunning machines if you buy it. good luck