Les Paul R8 VOS Plaintop - FOR SALE
Gibson Les Paul 1958 Reissue VOS Washed Cherry (2006 model)
The 1958 Gibson Les Paul Standard Plain Top VOS guitar begins with a solid mahogany back and carved plain maple top.
The one-piece mahogany neck is topped with a gorgeous rosewood fretboard that's adorned with acrylic trapezoid inlays with shape and color true to the original.
Early '50s rounded neck profile delivers the vintage feel players love. BurstBucker 1 and 2 pickups deliver famous vintage Les Paul tone.
In an effort to jump start the steadily declining sales of the Les Paul model, Gibson abandoned the familiar gold finish and used a translucent, cherry sunburst finish which showed off the figured maple tops that were often used on Les Pauls. The renamed Les Paul Standard made its debut in 1958.
Vintage Original Spec series instruments receive a special nitro-cellulose finish treatment yielding the patina of a gently-aged vintage guitar while handcrafting enhances comfort and playability.
Each VOS model has a solid mahogany back; historically accurate long-neck tenon for strength and sustain; and period-correct neck profile, hardware, and electronics.
Gibson Custom 1958 Les Paul Standard Plain Top VOS Electric Guitar Features:
Body and Hardware:
• Carved plain maple top
• Solid mahogany back
• Single-ply cream binding on top
• Thin toggle switch washer and jack plate
• Nickel hardware
• ABR-1 bridge, lightweight aluminum stopbar
Neck and Headstock:
• 1-piece mahogany neck with long neck tenon
• 22-fret rosewood fingerboard
• Acrylic trapezoid inlays (accurate shape and color)
• Single-ply cream binding
• Early '50s rounded neck profile
• 24-3/4" scale length
• 1-11/16" nut width
• Holly headstock veneer
• Vintage tulip tuners
Electronics and Strings:
• BurstBucker 1 (R) and 2 (T) pickups
• CTS pots and bumble bee capacitors
• 2 volume, 2 tone, 3-way selector switch
• Elixir "Nanoweb" Medium / .011 - .049 strings
• Gibson Historic Hard-shell Case
• Gibson Custom, Art & Historic Certificate of Authenticity
• Gibson Custom amp cord
*** Never "gigged" - Home use only (mint condition)***
$2,499 or best offer (listed on eBay)
-Gibson Les Paul Studio (Wine Red) with a Bigsby B7g
-Gibson B.B.King "Lucille"(Ebony) - signed by B.B.King
-Gibson B.B.King "Lucille"(Ebony) - with a Bigsby B7g
-Fender '52 Reissue Telecaster with a FAT Warmoth neck
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue Tweed tube amp -40w
-Fender Blues Junior Tweed tube amp -15w
-Fender Cyber-Twin tube & digital amp -130w
-Fender GDEC 3 Thirty BLUES digital amp - 30w
Last edited by djlogan33; 01-19-2009 at 05:03 AM.