MyLesPaul.com
Homepage - Sponsors - Subscription - Advertise - Spy  
Go Back   MyLesPaul.com > Music Gear > Tonefreaks > Pickups
LIKE MyLesPaul on Facebook FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Twitter FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Instagram

Old 01-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #1
EEF13

Seymour Duncan Joe Bonamassa Signature Pickup Set

Joe Bonamassa Signature Pickup Set

The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop has teamed up with blues-rock virtuoso Joe Bonamassa to produce the Joe Bonamassa Signature Pickup Set. This immaculately crafted and calibrated dual-humbucker set accurately replicates the P.A.F. pickups in Joe’s beloved 1959 sunburst Les Paul®. Their rich, dynamic, and nuanced voice will appeal to all tone connoisseurs who cherish the passion and power of the original humbucker.

EEF13 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EEF13 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
Fiftywattmafia

Re: Seymour Duncan Joe Bonamassa Signature Pickup Set

Id like to try 'em....wonder about pricing?
Fiftywattmafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:05 PM   #3
ElectricMojo

That's really cool.
Thanks.
ElectricMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:10 PM   #4
cessnapilot182

Just saw the post on SD's facebook. I'm calling the custom shop tomorrow to find out about pricing..so far the only way to order then is through the custom shop..so we'll see what happens.
cessnapilot182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 11:40 PM   #5
RAG7890
Premium Member

Probably pass..............I rather run Sheptone Tributes, OTPG, Stephens Design VL '61's or Vintage PAF's.

However, it would be good to get a set for objective testing, side by side with the others to see if what they say is right, or just more marketing hype.

...................I wonder what happened to the Bonamassa Custom Set that JG / Throbak did???

RAG7890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:23 AM   #6
sj250

And I guarantee that I still wouldn't sound anything like Joe. Oh well
sj250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 08:02 AM   #7
kmrumedy

1959 sets. I was thinking Gibson would start putting these in the JB signatures as a great marketing and product offering. That would be cool. Would need more sets to be produced though.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:46 AM   #8
milllhouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAG7890 View Post
Probably pass..............I rather run Sheptone Tributes, OTPG, Stephens Design VL '61's or Vintage PAF's.

However, it would be good to get a set for objective testing, side by side with the others to see if what they say is right, or just more marketing hype.

...................I wonder what happened to the Bonamassa Custom Set that JG / Throbak did???

So you are saying that you would rather run either very expensive boutique sets or the originals, without even trying Joe's signature set for yourself?

Quality decision making process there. I would assume that even after you hear the signature set in your own guitar, you would still like the others. Predisposed opinion, and you are worried about marketing hype? Looks like you have bought into other hype. The hype that money buys tone, and having no idea what these run, but assuming they will be cheaper since they are SD. You have no idea what these are about other than one youtube video, and you are talking about how you would rather use other pups. I am not saying the pups that you listed aren't good. You just can't say these aren't up to par without playing them. I am not saying that your opinion doesn't matter, or is invalid, but I would rather hear your opinion on an item, after you have actually used that item.
milllhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
LtKojak

Quote:
I wonder what happened to the Bonamassa Custom Set that JG / Throbak did???
I thought it was Bill Megela, Motor City p'ups the one that did a set for him...?
Hy-Bro Test Sound Files
LtKojak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #10
tolm

Hmmm ... I've been looking for some lower-output, PAF-style humbuckers to put in my SG and play blues and blues/rock.

I've also just booked tickets to go see Mr Bonamassa in March.

Goddamn it, Seymour - stop stalking me!!

2004 GIBSON USA Les Paul Studio Plus | Sheptone "Mystery" Humbuckers
2005 GIBSON Memphis ES-335 Dot Reissue | WCR Crossroads Humbuckers | Bigsby B6
2013 GIBSON USA Firebird V | Shed Soapstar P90s
2015 FENDER Baja Telecaster

2014 TONE KING Majesty (Royalist) 45 Head + 2x12 Cab
2015 SUPRO 1624T Dual Tone 1x12 Combo
tolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 07:46 AM   #11
RAG7890
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milllhouse View Post
So you are saying that you would rather run either very expensive boutique sets or the originals, without even trying Joe's signature set for yourself?

Quality decision making process there. I would assume that even after you hear the signature set in your own guitar, you would still like the others. Predisposed opinion, and you are worried about marketing hype? Looks like you have bought into other hype. The hype that money buys tone, and having no idea what these run, but assuming they will be cheaper since they are SD. You have no idea what these are about other than one youtube video, and you are talking about how you would rather use other pups. I am not saying the pups that you listed aren't good. You just can't say these aren't up to par without playing them. I am not saying that your opinion doesn't matter, or is invalid, but I would rather hear your opinion on an item, after you have actually used that item.
.............oh my, you obviously have not read any of my posts on pickup testing have you?? You also did not read my post for meaning either did you? I can see that English is your first language so please have have another read.............for meaning this time. What did I say in line two?

OK let's cover off a few things shall we?

Firstly, Sheptone Tributes which I currently have in a '58 Replica with Throbak covers (see Avatar) sound awesome. They actually came in 2nd best to original Vintage '59 PAF's...........in a totally blind shootout (PM your Email address & I'll send you the files)...........so this was a no brainer. Your ears don't lie.

I want Vintage PAF tone, not modern PAF tone. Sheptone Tributes are a very low cost boutique option, compared to most of the other boutique options..........& they offer great Vintage PAF tone................no I am not paid to say this.

I have also tried numerous other sets, including the Throbak Bonamassa Custom Set that was specially wound for JB (but obviously Seymour Duncan has a fatter wallet)..............they rated 3rd best, but for me, way behind the Tributes. The others are not worth mentioning here.

My decision on SD VL '61's are based on sound clips, numerous friends who have Histprics & Replicas & have bought & used SD pickups & my Emails with Dave. Same goes for the OTPG pickups.............if I can get a set. Cost & brand name has nothing to do with the decision making process.

I also have two sets of different Häussel Pickups I have to try in this guitar..............& standard set that I have in a CR8 Historic & '59 Set.....................hence my statement.................."probably pass"...........................to which I added, "however it would be good to get a set for objective testing" etc.

For the record I have always thought the SD '59 was a good all round pickup.

Now call me cynical, but most big name brand products (not all, but most) sell off endorsement...................backed by $$$$$......& more $$$$$.

Sheptone Tributes, OTPG, Skatterbranes, Stephens Designs, Häussels & many others sell off user recommendation, sound clips, forum users..........players not getting paid $$$$$$ to use them.......................so for the time being I'll pass & focus on the ones I have been working through..................including possibly ordering a set of SB's Earthbranes.

So next time you care to pass judgement on a post, don't assume you know how my or anyone's mind works, because you don't.......................when you assume, you make an "ass" out of "U" & "me"! Next time ask for clarification.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:55 AM   #12
RAG7890
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtKojak View Post
I thought it was Bill Megela, Motor City p'ups the one that did a set for him...?
Sorry LK, I cannot comment on that one. Apparently the Black Knight that Tom Bartlett built with Magnus Melkersson's input for Joe Bonamassa via Kim LaFleur at HM, used the Throbak Bonamassa Custom Set.

I think I saw a post where John Gundry said he was looking to bring this set out etc...........although I cannot speak for John so maybe he can clarify this point.

Old 01-23-2012, 08:00 AM   #13
rocknhorse1

I can't believe the hype involved with ALL pickups. They are JUST guitar pickups. To me, no set of pickups ever made is worth more than $200. Seymour puts a lot into marketing, but other boutique winders put a lot of time into trolling the forums. They hype their stuff, it's just a different way because their pockets aren't as deep as old Seymour.

"Yesterdays anger, is the sadness of today" Warren Haynes
rocknhorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #14
RAG7890
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknhorse1 View Post
I can't believe the hype involved with ALL pickups. They are JUST guitar pickups. To me, no set of pickups ever made is worth more than $200. Seymour puts a lot into marketing, but other boutique winders put a lot of time into trolling the forums. They hype their stuff, it's just a different way because their pockets aren't as deep as old Seymour.
You are 100% spot on I think.

From memory the cost to make a pickup including parts & labor etc. is ~ $40 each.............give or take. I suppose Stephens Designs cost more because he makes most of his parts..............others buy parts.

Seymour Duncan churns them out like bread rolls, so margins can be lower, with price & margins built on sales volume.............boutique guys build several sets at a time...............so price & margins have to be higher on lower sales output.

Easy to work all this out if you have a brain...........& let us not forget endorsements. I can really see JB using a SD Amp!

Old 01-23-2012, 08:39 AM   #15
Bluesky
Banned

Definitely will try a set. The Price of some of these Boutique replacements have gotten nuts. I Love SD Antiquity PAF's.
Bluesky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #16
milllhouse

Quote:
So next time you care to pass judgement on a post, don't assume you know how my or anyone's mind works, because you don't.......................when you assume, you make an "ass" out of "U" & "me"! Next time ask for clarification.

OK. So I was wrong in assuming how your mind works. My point, that you avoided, remains the same. You are writing these off, either based on some preconceived notion, or a youtube clip, rather than your own experience with them, and your comment was useless, other than to promote your own opinion of more expensive pups.

It just gets really old hearing people write off, bash, or down talk, lesser more affordable options, without any testing or proof.

Quote:
My decision on SD VL '61's are based on sound clips, numerous friends who have Histprics & Replicas & have bought & used SD pickups & my Emails with Dave. Same goes for the OTPG pickups.............if I can get a set. Cost & brand name has nothing to do with the decision making process.
Apparently neither does real world testing.

I prefer not to post an opinion on something unless I have actually used it. I don't base my words on someone's own opinion, or an ill recorded youtube clip played back through a computer. Too bad in the internet age, others don't use the same discretion.

Jason
milllhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 02:51 PM   #17
bluefrog

WFT ad is ... JB tells blabla the whole time, instead of telling whether this
axe he is noodling on has the signature set in or not. For I d say no this is his
59 stock. the other one which SD has and is short shown near the end may be the
sign-test-lester. and why they dont just a kind a compare A/B instead that.
This wd be a kind a help. Otherwise a hype-hype-drolling vid.
2015 Fender Standard HSS Shawbucker
Marshall 6100, Fender Blues Deluxe,Fender Blues Jr
bluefrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:51 PM   #18
RAG7890
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by milllhouse View Post
OK. So I was wrong in assuming how your mind works. My point, that you avoided, remains the same. You are writing these off, either based on some preconceived notion, or a youtube clip, rather than your own experience with them, and your comment was useless, other than to promote your own opinion of more expensive pups.

It just gets really old hearing people write off, bash, or down talk, lesser more affordable options, without any testing or proof.

Apparently neither does real world testing.

I prefer not to post an opinion on something unless I have actually used it. I don't base my words on someone's own opinion, or an ill recorded youtube clip played back through a computer. Too bad in the internet age, others don't use the same discretion.

Jason

Hi Jason, I am in the middle of trying all this other stuff out & don't have the time to try these..............hence I said pass so I can focus on the others that I had previously decided on, well before this set was released.............but for objectivity sake it would be good to try a set............so no argument there.

A lot of my older guitars (Guild Bluesbirds, which I no longer have) had SD '59's in them. At the time I thought they were pretty good pickups...........& great value for money.

Again you can't pass judgement on how I go about things..........for example, I use a specific set of Sennheiser Cans to listen to a lot of clips (many uncompressed). I have also done a lot of live testing with numerous guitars & pickups. For Humbucker testing we use the same guitar, same Bogner Shiva (with EL34's in this case) & Bogner Cab, same Colossal Guitar & Speaker Cables...............same settings, same group of players, playing the same stuff. What you also don't know is that I have been involved with the development of pickups (Humbuckers & Strat Single Coils) via my business partner in Australia (who is a very skilled Luthier). My only complaint with this is that he prefers a more modern PAF tone, whereas I prefer a more Vintage PAF tone...............well I am 52, so that is what my ears like & my Shiva does not like to have the preamp section whacked with a big input signal; e.g. like Burstbucker 1's & Burstbucker 2's typically do.

The players who help with the work we do, range from me..........crappy (but I do have a good ear )............all the way up to some of this country's finest (one of which I have no doubt could outplay most of the current famous guitarists)......................& some from the US when they are touring here.

I think you can get the picture now Jason. I am not bagging SD..........I just don't have the time right now because I want to test the other stuff.......that is my priority & if I am stupid enough to buy them...........well, then I am stupid.......

Regarding prices, what is the cost for a set of SD '59's in the US...............maybe $220 a set. Well, I just checked Shep's site & a set of Tributes + Raw Nickel Covers run at $264 / set + shipping. Now I ask you...................hardly a way over priced over hyped Boutique set are they?

How much are the SD JB's? No doubt add another $20 - $50 per set! To be fair, if you are a young kid with no money or you are struggling to raise some cash then I can understand that an extra $50 makes a big difference...........we've all been in this situation (well most of us.........I certainly have).

Cheers, Rudi
Old 01-23-2012, 07:38 PM   #19
drew365

I emailed SD to ask about pricing. I didn't see a lot of hype in the video. Joe said they made several sets and he tested them and the set he chose were real close to his '59 and good enough for him to use on stage that night. I can't do that type of testing, so having Joe do it is worth something to me. Maybe I'm too naive. I'll let you know if I hear back on the pricing.
drew365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #20
RAG7890
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew365 View Post
I emailed SD to ask about pricing. I didn't see a lot of hype in the video. Joe said they made several sets and he tested them and the set he chose were real close to his '59 and good enough for him to use on stage that night. I can't do that type of testing, so having Joe do it is worth something to me. Maybe I'm too naive. I'll let you know if I hear back on the pricing.
Thanks Drew, a price would be a good start for many here. Your reasoning is fine. If you like JB's tone (& most do) you might get lucky & they'll work for you. If you don't like them you can always sell them on the forum.............worst case you'll more than likely get your money back, so no major loss & you'll learn something.

Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #21
IndySouthPaw

Wow this whole arguing thing back and forth is crazy. PUPs are pretty subjective to personal taste. Bonamassa could play the ****tiest pup in the world and make it sound like gold-he is THE man. It is all what sounds good to us. I have 2 sets of Sheptones in my Gibbies and freaking love them more than anything......BUT my 18 year old modded, gigged, and beaten Epi LP has old SD 59 and SD Jeff Beck. That is a $300 guitar and it sounds unreal to me still (guilty pleasure...but why should I FEEL guilty about it). Is it the Pups or is it the fact I went from knowing not how to play well to playing well on that guitar and gigged with it forever. We will never know. It is my secret best buddy! Pups, pedals, amps, and everything else are huge but there is great value everywhere and sometimes in the strangest places. Its all about your internal Rocket Sauce!!!!
IndySouthPaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #22
jamman
Premium Member

I think it's pretty funny that when Joe talks about running the pickups though his "Rig" everyone forgets how much processing his sound goes though before it gets to push air .
Do you really believe your gonna sound like him ? I don't ,not even close . Joe is a great player, no doubt , but your not goona get his tone with any SD pickups , imo . Or anyone elses pickups .
I think in this video , Joe was playing his 59 with real PAF's . That is what he eluded to. I would also keep in mind that this is a sales video . So I don't think Joe would be trashing them in anyway . He is selling them. Of course they sound 99.9% as good as His PAF's .I wouldn't think he would say anything less .
As for SD Ants. ever see them cheap ? not me . I've seen them for $270 a set . close to not cheap in my book. I'd guess they are gonna run about $350-400 for Joe's .
I'd like to here a demo of them so who ever buy a set please post a clip so all of us can here them. Should be interesting to say the least.
jamman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #23
Hector Arcadius

Hate leads to Suffering..."
Hector Arcadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #24
drew365

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamman View Post
I think it's pretty funny that when Joe talks about running the pickups though his "Rig" everyone forgets how much processing his sound goes though before it gets to push air .
Do you really believe your gonna sound like him ? I don't ,not even close . Joe is a great player, no doubt , but your not goona get his tone with any SD pickups , imo . Or anyone elses pickups .
I think in this video , Joe was playing his 59 with real PAF's . That is what he eluded to. I would also keep in mind that this is a sales video . So I don't think Joe would be trashing them in anyway . He is selling them. Of course they sound 99.9% as good as His PAF's .I wouldn't think he would say anything less .
As for SD Ants. ever see them cheap ? not me . I've seen them for $270 a set . close to not cheap in my book. I'd guess they are gonna run about $350-400 for Joe's .
I'd like to here a demo of them so who ever buy a set please post a clip so all of us can here them. Should be interesting to say the least.
I think there's a difference between expecting a set of pickups that will sound like a classic LP, and expecting a set of pickups that will make you sound like Joe Bonamassa when you play. I'm looking for the former. I fully agree that the amount of processing done by every major artist makes tone chasing virtually impossible to accomplish accurately.
drew365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:53 PM   #25
frankfalbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew365 View Post
I think there's a difference between expecting a set of pickups that will sound like a classic LP, and expecting a set of pickups that will make you sound like Joe Bonamassa when you play. I'm looking for the former.
Big +1. That's always been my take on signature gear. Slash doesn't play the A2Pro Slash pickups because he wants to sound like Slash. He's looking for a kind of response, a feel, a tone, etc. Joe isn't gigging with the Joe Bonamassa signature pickups because he wants to sound like Joe. He HAS a '59 Les Paul. That's what he likes. That guitar was here for awhile, and I can say with confidence that if any of us had that guitar we would like it too. So you can use Joe's ears and hands as a good pre-qualifier. Simple equation:

"He likes his 1959 Les Paul."
+
"You would probably like his 1959 Les Paul."
=
"You would probably like these pickups in your guitar."

BTW Bob from MXR/Dunlop gave me the full rundown on his new wah at NAMM. I'm not one for signature wahs. I like a certain thing and I don't care about anyone famous. For sweeping filters (the anti-crybaby) I had a Tremonti for awhile, but never owned a Creed or Alter Bridge record. I had a Bad Horsie too and guess what? Not one lick of Vai on my iTunes...Now I have a Weeping Demon. Joe's new wah? Right up my alley. Its the only wah that I'd consider overtaking my old (and slightly modded) Crybaby. Who knew? Total coincidence, but I happen to like what he likes in a wah! Go figure. If I have to pay an extra $xx for his efforts so be it. It's like paying a pedal modder to swap and inductor and/or some components. Plus there is mechanical isolation in there that has to take time/money. The money is no big deal if the pedal comes out "right" and the Bonamassa wah sounded "right" to me. Luckily I already have a good Crybaby so the temptation is tempered.

Yngwie's new Marshall is amazing, and I probably wouldn't play one YJM lick on it if I had one. I'd play it for what it is; a great Marshall.

Same is true for Slash. You'd probably like the AFD guitar if you played it. I know I did. And I also like his pickups. I have an AIIPro Slash in a guitar and I'm pretty sure I never played one Slash riff on it. Except when we were designing them you bet I played all the GnR I could muster through our Marshall 'cause, well, you just gotta...
frankfalbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:01 PM   #26
Deguello

I'm actually glad a lot of people are not wanting this pickup. I have a better chance at getting a set for myself since they are a limited run.

The Music

Deguello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #27
nicolasrivera

Thanked 1,131 Times in 322 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEF13 View Post
Joe Bonamassa Signature Pickup Set

The Seymour Duncan Custom Shop has teamed up with blues-rock virtuoso Joe Bonamassa to produce the Joe Bonamassa Signature Pickup Set. This immaculately crafted and calibrated dual-humbucker set accurately replicates the P.A.F. pickups in Joe’s beloved 1959 sunburst Les Paul®. Their rich, dynamic, and nuanced voice will appeal to all tone connoisseurs who cherish the passion and power of the original humbucker.

The Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Signature Pickup Set - YouTube
Thats funny....pure money deal, my guess.... Joe's favorite PU's ARE NOT Seymour Duncan.....just ask around what he has in his non vintage instruments.
nicolasrivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 12:16 AM   #28
The_Sentry
The Devil's Advocate

Thanked 1,533 Times in 342 Posts

I called this one back in September.

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/pick...e-pickups.html

The Reverb Nation Page!
The_Sentry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 08:34 AM   #29
rocknhorse1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankfalbo View Post
Big +1. That's always been my take on signature gear. Slash doesn't play the A2Pro Slash pickups because he wants to sound like Slash. He's looking for a kind of response, a feel, a tone, etc. Joe isn't gigging with the Joe Bonamassa signature pickups because he wants to sound like Joe. He HAS a '59 Les Paul. That's what he likes. That guitar was here for awhile, and I can say with confidence that if any of us had that guitar we would like it too. So you can use Joe's ears and hands as a good pre-qualifier. Simple equation:

"He likes his 1959 Les Paul."
+
"You would probably like his 1959 Les Paul."
=
"You would probably like these pickups in your guitar."

BTW Bob from MXR/Dunlop gave me the full rundown on his new wah at NAMM. I'm not one for signature wahs. I like a certain thing and I don't care about anyone famous. For sweeping filters (the anti-crybaby) I had a Tremonti for awhile, but never owned a Creed or Alter Bridge record. I had a Bad Horsie too and guess what? Not one lick of Vai on my iTunes...Now I have a Weeping Demon. Joe's new wah? Right up my alley. Its the only wah that I'd consider overtaking my old (and slightly modded) Crybaby. Who knew? Total coincidence, but I happen to like what he likes in a wah! Go figure. If I have to pay an extra $xx for his efforts so be it. It's like paying a pedal modder to swap and inductor and/or some components. Plus there is mechanical isolation in there that has to take time/money. The money is no big deal if the pedal comes out "right" and the Bonamassa wah sounded "right" to me. Luckily I already have a good Crybaby so the temptation is tempered.

Yngwie's new Marshall is amazing, and I probably wouldn't play one YJM lick on it if I had one. I'd play it for what it is; a great Marshall.

Same is true for Slash. You'd probably like the AFD guitar if you played it. I know I did. And I also like his pickups. I have an AIIPro Slash in a guitar and I'm pretty sure I never played one Slash riff on it. Except when we were designing them you bet I played all the GnR I could muster through our Marshall 'cause, well, you just gotta...
Another great, down to earth post by Frank. It's just another version of a 59 "PAF" tone example.

"Yesterdays anger, is the sadness of today" Warren Haynes
rocknhorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #30
ThroBak
MLP Vendor

Quote:
Sorry LK, I cannot comment on that one. Apparently the Black Knight that Tom Bartlett built with Magnus Melkersson's input for Joe Bonamassa via Kim LaFleur at HM, used the Throbak Bonamassa Custom Set.

I think I saw a post where John Gundry said he was looking to bring this set out etc...........although I cannot speak for John so maybe he can clarify this point.

The ThroBak set that ended up in the custom HM/Bartlett guitar had zero input from Joe. Kim did give me some input as to what he thought would work well in the guitar as per Joe and I sent a custom set that I felt met the criteria. The ThroBak custom set was a Leesona 102 wound, vintage spec. low/mid output set with short A5 magnets. They have a fat, vocal, mid dominant tone. But from what I can tell from the Duncan Custom Bonamassa set the Custom ThroBak set are a different animal. I hope that clears it up.
ThroBak is offline   Reply With Quote