MyLesPaul.com
Homepage - Sponsors - Subscription - Advertise - Spy  
Go Back   MyLesPaul.com > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendor Classifieds
LIKE MyLesPaul on Facebook FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Twitter FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Instagram

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2011, 07:53 AM   #1
jonesy
GLOBAL WIRING GURU

Thanked 1,389 Times in 190 Posts
Feedback Score: 64 reviews
Question DIY Wiring Kits for LP, SG, 335 Top Quality Components!

Wanna build your own rig?

Introducing Top Quality DIY Wiring Kits for LP SG 335

Here is the link to my jonesyblues.com website where you can see more details and pricing and purchase these DIY kits if you want one... JonesyBlues.com DIY Wiring Kits Home Page

I have been "unofficially" offering wiring kits by email for sometime now, but I thought I would make them more available for those of you that like to tinker and build your own harness. Many kits listed on ebay as "premium" are nothing more than the cheaper CTS pots and Orange drop caps. Not all CTS pots are the same, and they all have different specs. Some of my Competitors use the 20% 500K CTS pots (below 500k readings), so you be sure what you are getting.

The "Premium" & "Super Deluxe" DIY kits I offer are made up of the same great components that I use in my "pre-built" wiring harnesses. The Best 1O% 550K CTS Pots (520K-570K readings) Switchcraft Switches & Jacks, USA New Old Stock .022 Paper In Oil Tone Caps. All of these DIY kits normally ship out within 3-7 days, depending on parts in stock. I will be offering more DIY kits for Strats & Tele soon! These Wiring Kits Ship USPS Priority Mail to all 50 states and over a Dozen Countries Around the World.

Basic directions are included and I can email you additional wiring diagrams and pictures of what a finished kit should look like and I offer 24/7 tech support. You can choose between "Modern" and "50's" wiring on any of these kits when you go to build them. So if you have some basic soldering skills, a soldering iron and can follow directions you should be able to put together one of these DIY kits listed here. Questions? email to: [email protected] or call the Tone Line 1-574-249-8816

Thanks, jonesy

Jonesyblues.com Premium Guitar Electronics & Pickup Upgrades Made in USA

Questions? Email to: [email protected] Call or Text 574-540-9777

Aged Guitar Parts, Vintage Tone caps, Wire & other DIY mods Jonesyblues Custom shop ebay store

Jonesyblues Youtube Channel Pickup & Wiring Demos

21 Tone Jimmy Page Wiring Options
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jonesy For This Useful Post:
Advertisement
Old 08-25-2011, 08:06 AM   #2
jonesy
GLOBAL WIRING GURU

Re: DIY Wiring Kits for LP, SG, 335 Top Quality Components!

I am putting together some pricing for DIY Strat, Tele & Esquire Kits and should have them on my website soon. If you don't see what you are looking for let me know and I can put a DIY kit together that will work for you.

Aged Guitar Parts, Vintage Tone caps, Wire & other DIY mods Jonesyblues Custom shop ebay store

Old 08-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
Steve0525

Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Thanks man just emailed you about this last night... ill be filling my order soon!
Old 08-25-2011, 03:37 PM   #5
lanniepig

Feedback Score: 1 reviews

I have an '87 Gibson LP Standard. I'm interested in some sort of a mod to make my LP a little more versatile in the tones she makes. Sounds like one of your wiring mods is what I'm looking for. I'm pretty ignorant about all of the wiring mods & terms. Can you tell me in simple words what the difference is between Jimmy Page wiring kit and your master series kit. I think that the Jimmy Page kit will do everything that the master kit and also split coils for the single coil tones as well. Is there anything that the master kit does that the JP kit does NOT?

Sorry if this is an elementary question. I'm just not that familiar with these kind of mods yet.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #6
jonesy
GLOBAL WIRING GURU

At this time I am only offering the Jimmy Page rigs and MSP rigs in pre-built harnesses and not DIY kits. At some point I may offer them as kits, but they are tricky to build and definitely not for a beginner. The pre-built rigs have all the mods done and are ready to drop in, all you have to do is connect the pick up and switch wires to them.

The Jimmy Page wiring has 4 push pull pots and gives you a total of 21 Tones including coil splits, out of phase, series, series out of phase and several combinations of all those.

The MSP rig Master Series Phase is a wiring harness that I devised. It only has 2 push pull pots and gives you a total of 6 tones. The 3 stock tones and then 3 additional tones when both pu's are used together. So you also get "out of phase" (Oop Tone) "series" and "series out of phase" but it does not split coils.

Your 87'LP Standard will need the Long Shaft pots and the short toggle switch.

Old 08-27-2011, 11:20 AM   #7
Greg's Guitars

Feedback Score: 11 reviews

Jonesy. I know I have relayed the kudos from my clients to you that have purchased your wiring harness's, but again I get a call thanking me for turning yet someone else onto your work..." The quality is top shelf and the components are absolutely top shelf" was the latest feedback.
So I can definitely vouch for Mr. Jonesy and his products.

Give Greg's Guitars Atlanta a call at 770-337-9679 or [email protected]
We can also be found on Youtube, on Facebook, as well as Greg's Guitars articles at The Vintage Guitar News and Views®.

At Greg's Vintage Guitars Atlanta ..." I sell Keepers "
Old 08-31-2011, 02:44 PM   #10
johnnyreece

Man, you got me excited for a second; I asked a little while back about the JP DIY kit, and it was a no go...though you'd changed your mind! I've done this mod to a couple of guitars, and both times, really was unhappy with the quality of pots.

Well, here's a "maybe someday" bump for ya.

"Oh, we've had our share of hotels bein' smashed and all, but that was a long time ago. You get lousy room service... I mean, there's no use throwin' a TV set out the window for the sake of throwin' a TV set out the window. But if you get a lousy picture then you have an excuse"
-Angus Young
Old 08-31-2011, 10:22 PM   #11
jonesy
GLOBAL WIRING GURU

I'm sure there are people out there who have enough skills to put one of the 21 Tone JP rigs together as a kit, but I am afraid there would be a majority that would have a myriad of problems trying to build one and I just don't need the hassles. I think the JP kits are probably an 8 out 10 difficulty rating to assemble, those push pull pots are not very forgiving to solder to. Those are some reasons I don't offer them in kit form. I hope you understand, nothing personal towards you at all bro.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:21 AM   #12
johnnyreece

No offense taken at all! I can understand how you don't want to deal with the hassle. For every guy that can put it together, I bet you'd get calls from 4 others who kept the iron on the pots too long and melted the guts (or some other user-error) and then they try to claim you sold them junk parts.

"Oh, we've had our share of hotels bein' smashed and all, but that was a long time ago. You get lousy room service... I mean, there's no use throwin' a TV set out the window for the sake of throwin' a TV set out the window. But if you get a lousy picture then you have an excuse"
-Angus Young
Old 10-18-2011, 08:29 PM   #21
jonesy
GLOBAL WIRING GURU

Question Re: DIY Wiring Kits for LP, SG, 335 Top Quality Components!

Order your Premium DIY wiring kit at jonesyblues.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wanna build your own rig? The DIY wiring kits are now being offered again. I am updating them with the best 10% CTS550K pots and new Mojo-T Paper In Oil Tone caps. More DIY Kits coming soon so "Stay tuned for further updates"!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$50.00 + S&H: DIY Short shaft 50's style LP Harness with the best 10% CTS550K pots & .022 paper in oil tone caps. Includes solid 18 awg ground busse wire for grounding the back of the pots.
$55.00 + S&H: DIY Long shaft 50's style LP Harness with the best 10% CTS550K pots & .022 paper in oil tone caps. Includes solid 18awg ground busse wire for grounding the back of the pots.

$30.00 + S&H: DIY Short Switchcraft Nickel 3 way toggle switch kit for LP, includes vintage braided Gibson style wire and output jack.

$30.00 + S&H: DIY Long Gold Switchcraft 3 way toggle switch kit for LP Custom, includes vintage braided Gibson style wire and out put jack.

DIY or Do It Yourself kits contain all loose parts that need to be assembled so some basic soldering skills are needed. I can email you some wiring diagrams to help you understand what you need to do.
Don't see what you need as far as wiring goes, Questions? email to: [email protected] or call the Tone Line 1-574-249-8816 and ask for jonesy.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:41 AM   #24
jonesy
GLOBAL WIRING GURU

Wanna build your own wiring harness and need some Premium grade CTS pots & PIO Tone caps? I added DIY kits fro SG & 335 Click Here to purchase jonesyblues.com

$50.00 + S&H: DIY Short shaft 50's style LP Harness with the best 10% CTS550K pots & Vitamin T .022 paper in oil tone caps. Includes solid 18 awg ground busse wire for grounding the back of the pots.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$55.00 + S&H: DIY Long shaft 50's style LP Harness with the best 10% CTS550K pots & Vitamin T .022 paper in oil tone caps. Includes solid 18awg ground busse wire for grounding the back of the pots.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$30.00 + S&H: DIY Short Switchcraft Nickel 3 way toggle switch kit for LP, includes vintage braided Gibson style wire and Switchcraft mono output jack.
$30.00 + S&H: DIY Long Gold Switchcraft 3 way toggle switch kit for LP Custom, Gold deep collar nut, vintage braided Gibson style wire and Switchcraft Gold out put jack.

$80.00 DIY SG Wiring Kit contains 4 of the best 10% CTS550K pots, 2 of the .022 Vitamin T paper in oil caps, Switchcraft 3 way toggle switch and output jack, 22 awg wire.

$85.00 DIY 335 Wiring Kit, contains 4 of the best 10% CTS550K pots, 2 of the Vitamin T .022 paper in oil Tone caps, Switchcraft 3 way toggle switch and mono output, Vintage braided Gibson style wire and black tubing.

Old 10-26-2011, 07:00 AM   #25
HOT-BRIT
V.I.P. Member

Feedback Score: 10 reviews

DIY kits are a great idea Jonesy
Old 11-01-2011, 07:38 AM   #30
jonesy
GLOBAL WIRING GURU

If you would like to buy a DIY wiring kit for a guitar that I do not have a kit listed for, I can always put a price together for you on one, so email me at [email protected] and let me know what you need and I can get you a price on loose parts for your wiring project.

thanks, jonesy

Closed Thread