MyLesPaul.com
Homepage - Sponsors - Subscription - Auctions - Advertise - Spy  
Go Back   MyLesPaul.com > Music Gear > Tonefreaks > Pickups
LIKE MyLesPaul on Facebook FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Twitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-19-2009, 03:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to mark simon hell
DiMarzio Classic PAF Vs Gibson BurstBuckers II

someone tried the difference?
mark simon hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Les Paul

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-19-2009, 06:46 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: DiMarzio Classic PAF Vs Gibson BurstBuckers II

All I know is that Dimarzio makes a good PAF pickup, but the Dimarzio PAF Pro is no totally a PAf
EEF13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

I just replaced pickups in my R9. Originally the guitar had classic 57's (which I like very much), but after playing a real 58 side by side with my R9, the pickups didn't have that smooth bite that the real PAF's had. Anyway, I put a BB 2 in the bridge, and a BB 1 in the neck. I got a little closer to the original PAF sound, but I wasn't quite overjoyed. Don't get me wrong, the guitar sounded good with the classic 57's and the BB, but I didn't like the squeel that I get with the un-potted BB's. Anyway, I did a little research, and I got the Dimarzio 36th aniv PAF's (DP223 for bridge and DP 103 for neck). Also, I got a killer deal on them. In my shopping I found a place called Woodwind and Brasswind (wwbw.com). Their prices were on par with everyone else, but they had a 20% off sale,(the discounted price) and free shipping over 100.00! Anyway, I think my total came to 127.00 for both shipped. BTW, I got the cream open coils. I used Dimarzios in my Les Paul's in the 70's, mainly because I thought they looked cool!! Anyway, the open cream coils look great in my R9, but I do like them better than the BB's I had. They don't squeel as much, and they have a nice warm tone, with the PAF bite I like. Anyway, I have only lived with the Dimarzio PAF's for about a month now, but at this point, I really like them. Also, I play heavy blues, classic rock, and some 80's metal through a Mesa MK IV. Anyway, I hope this helps.
knh6sn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

Thanked 1,078 Times in 302 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by knh6sn7 View Post
I just replaced pickups in my R9. Originally the guitar had classic 57's (which I like very much), but after playing a real 58 side by side with my R9, the pickups didn't have that smooth bite that the real PAF's had. Anyway, I put a BB 2 in the bridge, and a BB 1 in the neck. I got a little closer to the original PAF sound, but I wasn't quite overjoyed. Don't get me wrong, the guitar sounded good with the classic 57's and the BB, but I didn't like the squeel that I get with the un-potted BB's. Anyway, I did a little research, and I got the Dimarzio 36th aniv PAF's (DP223 for bridge and DP 103 for neck). Also, I got a killer deal on them. In my shopping I found a place called Woodwind and Brasswind (wwbw.com). Their prices were on par with everyone else, but they had a 20% off sale,(the discounted price) and free shipping over 100.00! Anyway, I think my total came to 127.00 for both shipped. BTW, I got the cream open coils. I used Dimarzios in my Les Paul's in the 70's, mainly because I thought they looked cool!! Anyway, the open cream coils look great in my R9, but I do like them better than the BB's I had. They don't squeel as much, and they have a nice warm tone, with the PAF bite I like. Anyway, I have only lived with the Dimarzio PAF's for about a month now, but at this point, I really like them. Also, I play heavy blues, classic rock, and some 80's metal through a Mesa MK IV. Anyway, I hope this helps.

This helps a lot man, thanks. I was wondering about those Dimarzios.
nicolasrivera is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Send a message via MSN to mark simon hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by knh6sn7 View Post
ok, thanx! but how it is "squeel"?? sorry my english is very bad...
mark simon hell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2009, 03:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

I think he talking about feedback. I am sure BB's I, II and III are unpotted, so there would be a tendency for them to feed back if you are to close to a cranked amp.

Small print: I reserve the right to change my mind at any time. In other words I'm always right, so there.
ledfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #7 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to MrRhoads

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledfree View Post
I think he talking about feedback. I am sure BB's I, II and III are unpotted, so there would be a tendency for them to feed back if you are to close to a cranked amp.
Gibson Burstbucker 1 2 & 3 are all unpotted when purchased as aftermarket products.
In guitars they come potted.

Burstbucker

T-Top info read this http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/pick...490r-490t.html
Alot of good wiring help http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/tone...g-library.html
Help on soldering http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/tone...ow-solder.html
Capacitor info http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/tone...apacitors.html
MrRhoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

The new hot shot PAF type out, people are liking very much! Still no where as nice as the org. 59 in the comparision IMO
overdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2009, 10:25 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

In guitars they come potted.

Burstbucker[/QUOTE]

They do not come potted in Guitars
overdriver is offline   Reply With Quote