MyLesPaul.com
Homepage - Sponsors - Subscription - Auctions - Advertise - Spy  
Go Back   MyLesPaul.com > Music Gear > Other Guitars
LIKE MyLesPaul on Facebook FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Twitter

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tag101

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 12-09-2012, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Fender custom shop 56 heavy relic clips

I have played a Dumble and or Dumble style amp for years, and the one type of guitar I could never really get to sound great with them were Strats. teles KILL through them, as well as almost any Humbucker guitar, but Strats were always a bit of an enigma for me, and I LOVE Stats! I recently picked up a new amp (Bruno Cowtipper 35) and my # 1 rig for years was a Strat into a Cowtipper, so it was time to find another Strat I could really get along with. After playing many, I ended up really digging a certain 56 heavy relic in desert sand. It sounds as great as I remembered through the Bruno, but low and behold, it sounds simply KILLER through my Quinn Dumble clone as well.

I am totally psyched about my tones right now, and the Strat with the 9.5 neck and 6105 frets plays itself. I just have to sit there and listen!

Here are 2 clips I just made with it. One is into the Quinn EL34 Dumble clone, the other into the same basic amp, but modded to take 6L6s. They sound very similar, but there are significant differences, though they might not come through on my somewhat low quality clips. Anyway, here they are and I hope you dig the tones!

6L6 Quinn 183:

EL 34 Quinn 183:

RaSTuS26 likes this.
Tag101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Les Paul

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 12-09-2012, 09:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Fender custom shop 56 heavy relic clips

Some nice chops there, sounds a little dirtier through the EL34's, but not by much as you mention.

Some of my collection

A man of many faces !!!
RaSTuS26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2012, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSTuS26 View Post
Some nice chops there, sounds a little dirtier through the EL34's, but not by much as you mention.

Good ear! Yes, its slightly grittier through the EL34s, but surprisingly, in the room, has a more acoustic or 3D sound than the 6L6 amp which is a little more compressed. Amazingly, the EL34 amp has the better cleans as well. Thanks for checking it out and taking the time to comment.
Unread 12-10-2012, 03:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sounds good. Nice playing. Desert Sand is one of my favourite colours for a Strat.
Unread 12-11-2012, 12:55 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by in2madness View Post
Sounds good. Nice playing. Desert Sand is one of my favourite colours for a Strat.

Thanks for checking it out!

Funny thing about the color. When I first started looking for a Strat this time, Desert Sand was my LAST choice for a color. After playing several, it started to grow on me, and now its one of my favorites!