|01-05-2012, 06:18 PM||#1 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jan 2012
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Really hope someone here can help me out.
You'll probably think I'm a right noob (I am a right noob).
Basically, I have a 90s Epiphone SG. The bridge neck pickup died recently so I am trying to wire in a replacement. I think I have tried every combination imaginable and cannot seem to get the vol and tone knobs working as they should for the new bridge pickup.
I just want to wire it in whatever way is standard, no fancy wiring methods please.
Things to note:
- The neck pickup was wired by a pro and so I can only assume it is correct... It works perfect
- The red wires are the "hot"
- The green and white I'm told by the manufacturer need to be soldered together and insulated
- I have tried wiring the bridge in the same way as the neck pickup but didn't seem to work
- I really don't understand much electronic terminology, so if you can dumb down your responses as much as possible I would be hugely grateful
I have drawn a picture (don't laugh at it please!) for where I am at - the question marks denote the problem areas!
Any help much appreciated
|01-05-2012, 06:50 PM||#2 (permalink)|
Join Date: Jul 2011
Thanked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Re: Wiring problem
Try this link
Hopefully it will be to some help
2009 Gibson sg faded
1997 Gibson Firebird V vintage sunburst
80-S Kramer striker
2006 Jackson RR3
2010 Bc rich mockingbird modded with Seymor Duncan JB/JAZZ
No name nylon string
J&D Steel string
|epiphone sg wiring|