MyLesPaul.com
Homepage - Sponsors - Subscription - Auctions - Advertise - Spy  
Go Back   MyLesPaul.com > The Les Paul > Gibson Les Pauls > Norlin Years
LIKE MyLesPaul on Facebook FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Twitter
  
Like Tree838Likes

Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 04-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #391 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Mindfrigg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: X,Y,and Z coordinates available on request
Posts: 30,184
Thanks: 251
Thanked 54 Times in 15 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

I think the mahoghany neck Customs, because of the ebony fretboards, are the best balance tone-wise, for me anyway. Three piece mahoghany seems plenty strong and gives me more midrange. But it really depends on your set-up of course.
HOT-BRIT and 79standard like this.
__________________
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

http://soundcloud.com/maestroboyer/scherzoid

Copyright 2014 Mindfrigg LLC
Mindfrigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Les Paul

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on MyLesPaul.com
   
Unread 04-15-2012, 09:09 AM   #392 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member
 
HOT-BRIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 20,622
Thanks: 127
Thanked 354 Times in 59 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfrigg View Post
I think the mahoghany neck Customs, because of the ebony fretboards, are the best balance tone-wise, for me anyway. Three piece mahoghany seems plenty strong and gives me more midrange. But it really depends on your set-up of course.
also the sound we like is all different, what you perceive as your perfect tone is most likely different to my perception of the sound I'm looking for
79standard likes this.
HOT-BRIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2012, 09:46 AM   #393 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
camdenlp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern California
Posts: 721
Thanks: 2
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

I love Norlins...so I say myth. Although haters will never understand
camdenlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:08 AM   #394 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
79standard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,710
Thanks: 79
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT-BRIT View Post
also the sound we like is all different, what you perceive as your perfect tone is most likely different to my perception of the sound I'm looking for
This is further complicated by folks like me with maybe a dozen "ideal sounds" running around inside the brain.
HOT-BRIT and Mindfrigg like this.
__________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/timmungenast

1979 LP Standard
1983 ESP strat
2011 Scott Beckwith "Great Cedar"
Home-made "Teak Wonder" guitar
Cedar/Alder/Cedar "partscaster"
1970s Schecter zebrawood "frankentele"
DeArmond JetStar
St George 12-string
Egmond Typhoon
Heit Deluxe electric sitar
Xaviere "Faux-35" with HighOrder PAFs
Orange Tiny Terror
Danelectro 300 Series F Twin Twelve
etc. etc. blah blah
79standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 09:20 AM   #395 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
79standard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,710
Thanks: 79
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by camdenlp View Post
I love Norlins...so I say myth. Although haters will never understand
The differences are real, but the bashing is horse poo and generally uncalled for. I can totally understand preferring one over the other, but I hate the elitist nonsense of actively making fun of other people's guitars.

BTW, "Elite" is good, while "Elitist" generally has a negative connotation (e.g., LPPilot is an elitist). I've been an editor by trade for 26 years... trust me.

DIGRESSION ALERT: ... whose bright idea was it to call any guitar an Elitist? This is as just-plain-dumb as Leo calling vibrato "tremolo" and vice versa.
Mindfrigg likes this.
__________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/timmungenast

1979 LP Standard
1983 ESP strat
2011 Scott Beckwith "Great Cedar"
Home-made "Teak Wonder" guitar
Cedar/Alder/Cedar "partscaster"
1970s Schecter zebrawood "frankentele"
DeArmond JetStar
St George 12-string
Egmond Typhoon
Heit Deluxe electric sitar
Xaviere "Faux-35" with HighOrder PAFs
Orange Tiny Terror
Danelectro 300 Series F Twin Twelve
etc. etc. blah blah
79standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #396 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
TravisW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moorhead, MN
Posts: 564
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

There were production issues during the Norlin years that were part of the bad rap. Of course, there were production issues in the 1950's, and there are production issues today. The main issues I have ever seen with 70's Les Pauls (or any other 70's Gibson, for that matter) involved fit and finish. Weird neck angles, bad fret jobs, and poorly finished binding did happen. That said, these years also brought 3-piece necks and volutes, which I think definitely structurally enhanced the design of a number of Gibson guitars.

Now that some time has gone by, I believe that a lot of the "bad" instruments have been either fixed or modded beyond comprehension over the years. The last truly bad 70's Les Paul I saw wasn't bad because of what the factory did, it was because of what the owner had done (really bad humbucker routing on a '52 goldtop RI).
TravisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #397 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
79standard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,710
Thanks: 79
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
There were production issues during the Norlin years that were part of the bad rap. Of course, there were production issues in the 1950's, and there are production issues today. The main issues I have ever seen with 70's Les Pauls (or any other 70's Gibson, for that matter) involved fit and finish. Weird neck angles, bad fret jobs, and poorly finished binding did happen. That said, these years also brought 3-piece necks and volutes, which I think definitely structurally enhanced the design of a number of Gibson guitars.

Now that some time has gone by, I believe that a lot of the "bad" instruments have been either fixed or modded beyond comprehension over the years. The last truly bad 70's Les Paul I saw wasn't bad because of what the factory did, it was because of what the owner had done (really bad humbucker routing on a '52 goldtop RI).
I hear you. My '79 has some pretty "pseudo" binding, and came from the factory with 3 volume knobs and 1 tone knob but it's structurally solid as an M1 Abrams tank and sounds great.

OK, I admit I swapped all the electronics for '50s-wannabe pickups and wiring, but that's not the point. The point is that I just LOVE my Standard in spite of (and maybe because of) all its little QC issues.

It may not be my main guitar, but it makes my toes curl with joy whenever I play it, and as soon as I get my act together I'll post some audio and/or video.
TravisW likes this.
__________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/timmungenast

1979 LP Standard
1983 ESP strat
2011 Scott Beckwith "Great Cedar"
Home-made "Teak Wonder" guitar
Cedar/Alder/Cedar "partscaster"
1970s Schecter zebrawood "frankentele"
DeArmond JetStar
St George 12-string
Egmond Typhoon
Heit Deluxe electric sitar
Xaviere "Faux-35" with HighOrder PAFs
Orange Tiny Terror
Danelectro 300 Series F Twin Twelve
etc. etc. blah blah
79standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2012, 09:56 PM   #398 (permalink)
"Norlin Slutz"
 
acstorfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Florida
Posts: 13,525
Thanks: 182
Thanked 327 Times in 101 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Can someone tell me when a hater comes in and makes this thread fun again?
79standard likes this.
__________________


Zippy always says, "tags are for cowards"
acstorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #399 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
roodyrocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 1,582
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acstorfer View Post
Can someone tell me when a hater comes in and makes this thread fun again?
I have a better idea, why don't we have a Norlin Only For Sale Section? That way we don't have to sift through tons of ads so those of us that want to buy those junk, worthless, poor excuse for a Les Paul, can find them easier and not subject the rest of the masses to their horrors

Rudy
Webtroll and 79standard like this.
roodyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #400 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
79standard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,710
Thanks: 79
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by acstorfer View Post
Can someone tell me when a hater comes in and makes this thread fun again?
__________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/timmungenast

1979 LP Standard
1983 ESP strat
2011 Scott Beckwith "Great Cedar"
Home-made "Teak Wonder" guitar
Cedar/Alder/Cedar "partscaster"
1970s Schecter zebrawood "frankentele"
DeArmond JetStar
St George 12-string
Egmond Typhoon
Heit Deluxe electric sitar
Xaviere "Faux-35" with HighOrder PAFs
Orange Tiny Terror
Danelectro 300 Series F Twin Twelve
etc. etc. blah blah
79standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #401 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Jackassrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 303
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

It's just like old cars.
Would you rather have a '57 chevy or a '70s corvette ? I'd take the corvette any day, but not everybody feels that way.
Jackassrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 12:20 PM   #402 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montclair, VA
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

See and I dont care if they had flaws as long as they play and sound great, to me a guitar is a tool, not a piece of artwork, people can keep their pretty guitars, give me a beat up one any day, you know that one that sounds so damn good that it has been played and played and played. My 78 you can tell has been played and my 79 not only looks it, but smells like a smokey bar.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisW View Post
There were production issues during the Norlin years that were part of the bad rap. Of course, there were production issues in the 1950's, and there are production issues today. The main issues I have ever seen with 70's Les Pauls (or any other 70's Gibson, for that matter) involved fit and finish. Weird neck angles, bad fret jobs, and poorly finished binding did happen. That said, these years also brought 3-piece necks and volutes, which I think definitely structurally enhanced the design of a number of Gibson guitars.

Now that some time has gone by, I believe that a lot of the "bad" instruments have been either fixed or modded beyond comprehension over the years. The last truly bad 70's Les Paul I saw wasn't bad because of what the factory did, it was because of what the owner had done (really bad humbucker routing on a '52 goldtop RI).
siggy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2012, 04:56 PM   #403 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member
 
HOT-BRIT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Miami Beach
Posts: 20,622
Thanks: 127
Thanked 354 Times in 59 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy14 View Post
See and I dont care if they had flaws as long as they play and sound great, to me a guitar is a tool, not a piece of artwork, people can keep their pretty guitars, give me a beat up one any day, you know that one that sounds so damn good that it has been played and played and played. My 78 you can tell has been played and my 79 not only looks it, but smells like a smokey bar.
most of the best sounding ones show a lot of play ware
SteveGangi and 79standard like this.
HOT-BRIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-06-2012, 09:10 PM   #404 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
danloves59lespauls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 352
Thanks: 23
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOT-BRIT View Post
yes JP really lost his mojo
1969-1973 Awesome 1975-1978 sloppy not good 1979 good 1980 sucked 2007 ok
__________________
'11 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro
Fender Affinity Series Squire
Takamine G Series 6 String
Dobro Resonator
Blackstar HT Club 40 watt combo tube amplifier
Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt solid-state amplifier
Fender Frontman 25
Hohner Marine Band Harps
danloves59lespauls is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 12:53 PM   #405 (permalink)
"Norlin Slutz"
 
acstorfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Florida
Posts: 13,525
Thanks: 182
Thanked 327 Times in 101 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danloves59lespauls View Post
1969-1973 Awesome 1975-1978 sloppy not good 1979 good 1980 sucked 2007 ok
Did you play all of those guitars recently, or have you been playing every model since the late 60's?
__________________


Zippy always says, "tags are for cowards"
acstorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-08-2012, 04:53 PM   #406 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Montclair, VA
Posts: 1,187
Thanks: 1
Thanked 15 Times in 6 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

This is so untrue, I have played many norlins and that is far from the truth, and my 78 is a tad better then my 79 which blow any current guitar "I have played" out of the water. I am sure there are plenty better then my two, but I have played and owned many, including reissues and i choose my two norlins over all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danloves59lespauls View Post
1969-1973 Awesome 1975-1978 sloppy not good 1979 good 1980 sucked 2007 ok
SteveGangi and HOT-BRIT like this.
__________________
1978 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black Beauty
1991 Gibson SG Special
2005 Flying V Faded Cherry
siggy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 04:08 AM   #407 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,596
Thanks: 5
Thanked 29 Times in 11 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

I had a 71 which has now gone.I have a VOS 57 Custom which is great.
I'm trying to trade my Custom for another early 70's Les Paul.
HOT-BRIT likes this.
marantz1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:58 AM   #408 (permalink)
"Norlin Slutz"
 
acstorfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Florida
Posts: 13,525
Thanks: 182
Thanked 327 Times in 101 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy14 View Post
This is so untrue, I have played many norlins and that is far from the truth, and my 78 is a tad better then my 79 which blow any current guitar "I have played" out of the water. I am sure there are plenty better then my two, but I have played and owned many, including reissues and i choose my two norlins over all.
Now, now. He is entitled to his opinion. My only question is if he tried all those guitars himself, or if he heard it from someone. That is the actual point of this thread. Did his opinion come from first hand knowledge or did he hear it somewhere?

Whether or not he liked the guitars, why should anyone really care?
__________________


Zippy always says, "tags are for cowards"
acstorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 11:47 AM   #409 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
cmh6122's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kansas
Posts: 3,671
Thanks: 115
Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggy14 View Post
This is so untrue, I have played many norlins and that is far from the truth, and my 78 is a tad better then my 79 which blow any current guitar "I have played" out of the water. I am sure there are plenty better then my two, but I have played and owned many, including reissues and i choose my two norlins over all.
I don't think he was talking quality of Les Pauls, but Jimmy Page's evolution as a live performer.
gtr-tek and 79standard like this.
cmh6122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 06:28 PM   #410 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 87
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danloves59lespauls View Post
1969-1973 Awesome 1975-1978 sloppy not good 1979 good 1980 sucked 2007 ok
1974 was awsome!
restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2012, 10:57 PM   #411 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 97
Thanks: 0
Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

I own a '11 R8 and a '01 68 reissue custom, the main reason i got these is because they were cheaper to buy than a norlin (i live in Australia)! I played my friends 1980 les paul custom the other day.

I liked it just as much as mine, but the weight factor (it was 11+ lbs)would be the only thing that COULD put me off. It felt solid and well made to me, cant see what the fuss is all about!
Callum83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #412 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
roodyrocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 1,582
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmh6122 View Post
I don't think he was talking quality of Les Pauls, but Jimmy Page's evolution as a live performer.
This is also how I understood his post it did say JP in the post after all.

Rudy
79standard likes this.
roodyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #413 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
BuzzHaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 5,667
Thanks: 156
Thanked 306 Times in 96 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danloves59lespauls View Post
1980 sucked
IMO, you are wrong. I own an 80 Standard and it's AMAZING in every way. I like it a lot more than my 2001 Standard or my 05 Custom. I would also put the build quality of this guitar against anything from Gibson's past or present. I have been playing a Norlin era Gibson since 1977 so I'm not just guessing. My 80 is a gem with it's smooth sounding Shaw pickups, ruby red rosewood board and almost 3D inlays, perfect headstock and tuners. The neck is DEAD straight and the feel is simply remarkable. If you had this one in your hands for 15 mins, you'd never give it back hahaha.









__________________
Work like you don't need money,
Love like you've never been hurt,
And dance like no one's watching.

Happiness is a journey, not a destination.
http://www.soundclick.com/buzzhaze
BuzzHaze is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2012, 01:27 AM   #414 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
roodyrocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Warren, OH
Posts: 1,582
Thanks: 0
Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum83 View Post
I own a '11 R8 and a '01 68 reissue custom, the main reason i got these is because they were cheaper to buy than a norlin (i live in Australia)! I played my friends 1980 les paul custom the other day.

I liked it just as much as mine, but the weight factor (it was 11+ lbs)would be the only thing that COULD put me off. It felt solid and well made to me, cant see what the fuss is all about!
There nothing wrong with newer LP's, especially 68 RI's. I think 68 RI's are the best LP's Gibson has made in the past 20 years or so.

Rudy
HOT-BRIT likes this.
roodyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-24-2012, 08:15 AM   #415 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: London...Herts
Posts: 17
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79standard View Post
The differences are real, but the bashing is horse poo and generally uncalled for. I can totally understand preferring one over the other, but I hate the elitist nonsense of actively making fun of other people's guitars.

BTW, "Elite" is good, while "Elitist" generally has a negative connotation (e.g., LPPilot is an elitist). I've been an editor by trade for 26 years... trust me.

DIGRESSION ALERT: ... whose bright idea was it to call any guitar an Elitist? This is as just-plain-dumb as Leo calling vibrato "tremolo" and vice versa.
Any chance of a picture of your St George???
I collect St Georges and I am always on the lookout for info and pics..
Cheers
T
79standard likes this.
tino7770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2012, 12:11 PM   #416 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
79standard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,710
Thanks: 79
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tino7770 View Post
Any chance of a picture of your St George???
I collect St Georges and I am always on the lookout for info and pics..
Cheers
T
I just PM'ed you with a link.
__________________
http://www.reverbnation.com/timmungenast

1979 LP Standard
1983 ESP strat
2011 Scott Beckwith "Great Cedar"
Home-made "Teak Wonder" guitar
Cedar/Alder/Cedar "partscaster"
1970s Schecter zebrawood "frankentele"
DeArmond JetStar
St George 12-string
Egmond Typhoon
Heit Deluxe electric sitar
Xaviere "Faux-35" with HighOrder PAFs
Orange Tiny Terror
Danelectro 300 Series F Twin Twelve
etc. etc. blah blah
79standard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #417 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 152
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danloves59lespauls View Post
1969-1973 Awesome 1975-1978 sloppy not good 1979 good 1980 sucked 2007 ok
My `77 Custom is as good as any quality LP I`ve ever seen or played,from any era.
I`ve also played and looked at many that were not very good.
Rogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:31 PM   #418 (permalink)
I am no longer @ Gibson
 
Inside Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Nashville, TN
Posts: 1,054
Thanks: 0
Thanked 38 Times in 8 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Yay Norlin!











Cloverdale Road likes this.
Inside Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 06:51 PM   #419 (permalink)
"Norlin Slutz"
 
acstorfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: San Antonio, Florida
Posts: 13,525
Thanks: 182
Thanked 327 Times in 101 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Inside Guy

Thank you! This thread has gotten kinda boring for quite a while now. Then I saw you contributed and knew you'd stir sh*t up.

Come on, let's hear some of your classic rants
Inside Guy likes this.
__________________


Zippy always says, "tags are for cowards"
acstorfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #420 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Olds442's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: mostly in the past.
Posts: 6,757
Thanks: 229
Thanked 132 Times in 39 Posts
Re: The Norlin era Les Paul bashing is based on a myth or fact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danloves59lespauls View Post
1969-1973 Awesome 1975-1978 sloppy not good 1979 good 1980 sucked 2007 ok
I was just going to call a guy back about a '79 custom.

So it sucks?

Thanks for posting that, I almost dropped $1200 on one.
Olds442 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
still not vintage

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Music Gear Forum | 7 String Guitar Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

MyLesPaul proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2006-2014, MyLesPaul.com. All Rights Reserved.