MyLesPaul.com
Homepage - Sponsors - Subscription - Auctions - Advertise - Spy  
Go Back   MyLesPaul.com > Buy, Sell or Trade > Member Classifieds
LIKE MyLesPaul on Facebook FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Twitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 05-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Peavey Mark III Bass Rig: Head & 2x15" Cabinet Ex+++

$300...need to pick it up on Long Island I wold imagine...

100% all original 1978 Peavey Mark 3 Series 400BH two channel Bass amp of 360 watts and Speaker cabinet with two 15 inch speakers. The cabinet is in near perfect condition as is the head, It has the original covers and foot switch. The head cover is more beat up with a ripped seam (not all the way) and a few worm spots than the cabinet cover which is near perfect. Also has the original foot switch. This unit is awesome, large and powerful enough to play any music. It can do rock, country or blues. Tremendous sound! The head and the cabinet have nearly no real wear and the vinyl neat perfect except for a tiny scratch or two. All work great!!! All clean and spiffy too!

A review right off harmony Central says and I quote: Like some other reviewers, mine is a real early one, with the 1978 copyright on the back. It has mini-toggle switches instead of a push button for the EQ. Everything on it works. I play it several times a week in the summer months outdoors. I have used my Dean Markley 400B and a brand new SWR workingman's 300 watt head. This amp blows em away. I play mostly 60's British Invasion-era. (Beatles tribute) The most amazing feature is the two channels. I think this is one of the first bass heads ever made with a direct out and it high-z)

Sound Quality: 9
The two-channel set up allows me to go from my Hofner-style hollow bass to my Rickenbacker 4003 easily. The Peavey has a warm yet very punchy tone. The compression really smooths things out and helps with sustain. It can make a cheap instrument sound good. The EQ is very extensive, real easy to over-do it. This amp sounds better than most I've owned or tried. I'm glad it's heavy. Loading my gear is about the only exercise I get!! This amp has so much headroom, it never "farts out" like so many others would.

Reliability: 10
Very reliable considering it is 26 years old! I take it to real high-profile gigs without a backup. No worries. Never had any problems with this at all!
thefishingline is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Les Paul

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 05-04-2008, 05:04 PM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Re: Peavey Mark III Bass Rig: Head & 2x15" Cabinet Ex+++

thefishingline is offline   Reply With Quote