MyLesPaul.com
Homepage - Sponsors - Subscription - Auctions - Advertise - Spy  
Go Back   MyLesPaul.com > Buy, Sell or Trade > Member Classifieds
Heritage Guitar Talk - Click here! LIKE MyLesPaul on Facebook FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Twitter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #1 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gibson Les Paul 57 Classic and Super 57 Zebra Pickups

Hi,
I am selling a set of Gibson Zebra Pickups. One is a 57 Classic and the other is a Super 57 (like a hotter 57 Classic). Both came out of a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro 2. They are the 4 conductor style, but right now they are wired up for a two wire connection. All you need to do is expose the four wires if you want to use each pickup as a Single Coil/Humbucker switching pickup. The wires have not been cut so they can be rewired without extending the leads.

I sold the guitar with a different set of pickups, so I don't need these pickups anymore. These are excellent sounding pickups. Very full and defined.
They in perfect working and like new cosmetic condition.
I am asking $159 for the set plus shipping. Will consider selling separate, but I would prefer to sell as a set.

Payment via PayPal, internet bank transfer, money order and cheque.

Here is more info from Gibson's site:
Pickups: Neck - '57 Classic; Bridge - Super '57
Among the qualities that make Gibson's original "Patent Applied For" humbucking pickups so unique are the subtle variations between coil windings. For the first few years of their productions—1955 to 1961—Gibson's PAF humbuckers were wound using imprecise machines, resulting in pickups with slightly different output and tone. The '57 Classic and Super '57 pickups are the result of Gibson's drive to capture and recreate this characteristic. Introduced in 1992, the '57 Classic at the neck provides warm, full tone with a balanced response, packing that classic Gibson PAF humbucker crunch, inspired by those original PAFs that received a few extra turns of wire. The Super '57 bridge pickup debuts in the Trad Pro with a wider frequency response and increased output.

Both are made by Gibson to the exact same specs as the original PAFs, including Alnico II magnets, nickel-plated pole pieces, nickel slugs, maple spacers, and vintage-style, 4-conductor wiring for coil splitting. Gibson added poly-coated wiring, which improves consistency by eliminating thick or thin spots on the wiring, and wax potting, which removes all internal air space and any chance of microphonic feedback.

Both pickups offer coil splitting for single-coil sounds and via push/push switching. “Straight Split” coil-splitting offers pure single coil tone and differs from LP Standards and Studios that have a “Super Tap” coil-tap, which still has a small amount of humbucking.
jgab is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Les Paul

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 04-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #2 (permalink)

Re: Gibson Les Paul 57 Classic and Super 57 Zebra Pickups

I'll take your 57' Classic Plus (super) bridge pickup.

How does $75shipped sound?

I also have a Burstbucker 3 (zebra with 4-conductor/wires) if you would rather do a trade straight accross.

Looking forward to hearing back from you.
Thanks,
Jeremy

jcstruble@yahoo.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgab View Post
Hi,
I am selling a set of Gibson Zebra Pickups. One is a 57 Classic and the other is a Super 57 (like a hotter 57 Classic). Both came out of a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro 2. They are the 4 conductor style, but right now they are wired up for a two wire connection. All you need to do is expose the four wires if you want to use each pickup as a Single Coil/Humbucker switching pickup. The wires have not been cut so they can be rewired without extending the leads.

I sold the guitar with a different set of pickups, so I don't need these pickups anymore. These are excellent sounding pickups. Very full and defined.
They in perfect working and like new cosmetic condition.
I am asking $159 for the set plus shipping. Will consider selling separate, but I would prefer to sell as a set.

Payment via PayPal, internet bank transfer, money order and cheque.
http://s20.postimage.org/fp4h7j625/imageszebra.jpg
http://postimage.org/image/4b0rjjmjz/http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/<a h...mageszebra.jpg http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/<a h...mageszebra.jpg
Here is more info from Gibson's site:
Pickups: Neck - '57 Classic; Bridge - Super '57
Among the qualities that make Gibson's original "Patent Applied For" humbucking pickups so unique are the subtle variations between coil windings. For the first few years of their productions—1955 to 1961—Gibson's PAF humbuckers were wound using imprecise machines, resulting in pickups with slightly different output and tone. The '57 Classic and Super '57 pickups are the result of Gibson's drive to capture and recreate this characteristic. Introduced in 1992, the '57 Classic at the neck provides warm, full tone with a balanced response, packing that classic Gibson PAF humbucker crunch, inspired by those original PAFs that received a few extra turns of wire. The Super '57 bridge pickup debuts in the Trad Pro with a wider frequency response and increased output.

Both are made by Gibson to the exact same specs as the original PAFs, including Alnico II magnets, nickel-plated pole pieces, nickel slugs, maple spacers, and vintage-style, 4-conductor wiring for coil splitting. Gibson added poly-coated wiring, which improves consistency by eliminating thick or thin spots on the wiring, and wax potting, which removes all internal air space and any chance of microphonic feedback.

Both pickups offer coil splitting for single-coil sounds and via push/push switching. “Straight Split” coil-splitting offers pure single coil tone and differs from LP Standards and Studios that have a “Super Tap” coil-tap, which still has a small amount of humbucking.
KC LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2013, 01:27 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hello?
KC LesPaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #4 (permalink)

Sold both pickups!
jgab is offline   Reply With Quote