MyLesPaul.com
Homepage - Sponsors - Subscription - Auctions - Advertise - Spy  
Go Back   MyLesPaul.com > The Les Paul > Epiphone Les Pauls
LIKE MyLesPaul on Facebook FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Twitter
  
Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 02-06-2011, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Hey everyone, im new here and to epiphones in general..Couple of questions for those in the know.

I've got a wine red flamed epi les paul standard from 2005. First of all i didnt know standards came with flamed top. I thought only standard plus did? What gives?

Anyways what stock pickups would be in there from that time frame. Are they the Classic Alnico V humbuckers? I've searched, but there doesnt seem to be a list of which pickups came in which epi models and years. Does anyone know of a list out there showing the different pickups?

And finally, if these stock pups can be identified, what would be an estimate for the output of these pickups?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
StoneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Les Paul

Beitrag Sponsored Links

__________________
This advertising will not be shown in this way to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on MyLesPaul.com
   
Unread 02-06-2011, 04:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

just take the pickup out and look on the back. it should be a hotch i think. heres a list of a bunch of epi pups. Epiphone Pickups
guitarheo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 05:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Hmm. It does seem high output. Ok if it is which pup is hotch on that page? Sorry i dont know anything about them.
StoneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 05:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 22
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneD View Post
Hmm. It does seem high output. Ok if it is which pup is hotch on that page? Sorry i dont know anything about them.
probably the alnico classic + is closest. sorry. i realized after i posted that hotch wasn't on the list. but hotch stands for hot classic humbucker.
guitarheo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 05:27 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Oh ok. Very helpful info. Thanks alot!
StoneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2011, 08:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
KP
Senior Member
 
KP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Kalifornische Demokratische Republik Core Club
Posts: 14,628
Thanks: 1,176
Thanked 883 Times in 138 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneD View Post
Hey everyone, im new here and to epiphones in general..Couple of questions for those in the know.

I've got a wine red flamed epi les paul standard from 2005. First of all i didnt know standards came with flamed top. I thought only standard plus did? What gives?

Anyways what stock pickups would be in there from that time frame. Are they the Classic Alnico V humbuckers? I've searched, but there doesnt seem to be a list of which pickups came in which epi models and years. Does anyone know of a list out there showing the different pickups?

And finally, if these stock pups can be identified, what would be an estimate for the output of these pickups?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
A picture would help identify your guitar.
__________________
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." .... Wyatt Earp

"I want you to be nice until it's time to not be nice." .... Dalton

01110011 01101000 01110101 01110100 00100000 01110100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01100110 01110101 01100011 01101011 00100000 01110101 01110000


KP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 02:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Well after a little more research i believe its a standard plus. I was previously under the impression that the truss cover should say "plus" on it, instead of just "Les Paul Standard".

Seems as though this standard plus color isnt currently available, which was adding to my confusion. Anyone know when it was discontinued?

Looks like this:
StoneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 07:37 AM   #8 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
bobbylx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Holly Springs, NC
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

For what it's worth, I just took the humbucker covers off mine this week to have the open coil look. My bridge pickup just said epiphone on the back and had a few numbers, no clue which it it, but my neck pickup was labeled epiphone on the back and when I pulled the cover off it said Dirty Fingers on the front. Looks like I got lucky with that. Mine is a 2008 LP Standard. It's Translucent Blue so I don't know if that is Standard or Standard Plus Top or what. Either way, I'm really please with the sound.
bobbylx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Wow, yeah i wont really know until i yank them out. As of now im just assuming their the more typical stock pups. Whatever they are im leaning towards a slightly lower output bridge pup. Ive got another guitar that already has a fairly hot ceramic in it, so id like to switch it up in this LP the other direction.
StoneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Epi Verification Expert
 
-=[Shifty]=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Kraut territory (Germany)
Posts: 14,746
Thanks: 158
Thanked 50 Times in 9 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneD View Post
Well after a little more research i believe its a standard plus. I was previously under the impression that the truss cover should say "plus" on it, instead of just "Les Paul Standard".
Plus means that the Les Paul has a figured top.
Other than that, it's the same as a Standard Plain Top or a Standard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbylx View Post
It's Translucent Blue so I don't know if that is Standard or Standard Plus Top or what.
I really don't understand why some people are so confused about that, it's really simple.
Is the Les Paul ebony, it's a Standard.
Does the Les Paul have a plain top, it's a Standard Plain Top.
Does the Les Paul have a flamed top, it's a Standard Plus.
__________________


Shifty's Channel
-=[Shifty]=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 12:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Yeah i'm learning. I've got a traditional pro on the way as well. So i'm studying epi's like never before.
StoneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 02:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 20
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

I just took the stock pickups out of my 2009 ELP standard plain top and replaced them with GFS Classic II Vintage Neck and bridge. The pu's that came with it were 57CH(G) Epiphone neck, and Hotch(g) Epiphone bridge. I've noticed a cleaner more sustainable improvement already but still a little on the muddy side, but hope Jonesy's wiring kit will clean that up.
gonzo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 03:39 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 14
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Cool. Don't forget to try changing your pickup height to un-mud them..When i swap my pups i plan on doing the electronics upgrade too while i'm at it.
StoneD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #14 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Stylemaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 600
Thanks: 7
Thanked 17 Times in 4 Posts
Re: List Of Stock Epiphone Pickups?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo22 View Post
I just took the stock pickups out of my 2009 ELP standard plain top and replaced them with GFS Classic II Vintage Neck and bridge. The pu's that came with it were 57CH(G) Epiphone neck, and Hotch(g) Epiphone bridge. I've noticed a cleaner more sustainable improvement already but still a little on the muddy side, but hope Jonesy's wiring kit will clean that up.
Just got a 2004 Standard with the 57CH(G) (Dot: Neck, Bridge, LP: Neck) Epiphone neck, and HOTCH(G) (LP: Bridge) Epiphone bridge set. Any opinions on these? Sure ain't nothing like any of my Gibsons...
__________________
You can view a portfolio of my 3D artwork at:
www.andylackow.com
Stylemaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 PM.


Our Network: PRS Guitar Forum | Luthier Forum | SG Guitar Forum | Marshall Amp Forum | Music Gear Forum | 7 String Guitar Forum | Acoustic Guitar Forum

MyLesPaul proudly supports St. Jude Children's Research Hospital

Copyright © 2006-2014, MyLesPaul.com. All Rights Reserved.