MyLesPaul.com
Homepage - Sponsors - Subscription - Auctions - Advertise - Spy  
Go Back   MyLesPaul.com > MLP Community > The Backstage
LIKE MyLesPaul on Facebook FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Twitter
Like Tree329Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #31 (permalink)

Re: "Knockout Game" : WTH is wrong with people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraXis View Post
I HATE cities and you couldn't pay me enough to live or work in one. I'll take the burbs or the country 100 times out of 100.
Me too. I like to visit, because I can leave.
PraXis and Roberteaux like this.
Paracelsian is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
Les Paul

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Not it doesn't. Do a google search for "knock out games." I'm 20 pages in and cannot find anything other than the usual suspects.
You're precious. All that means is that it's only newsworthy if its black on white. Much worse happens here (Philadelphia) all the time, and the things that happen don't have any socio/economic/racial borders. Horrors are perpetrated by all sects, and there is no victim-class in these crimes. You think it makes the news when 10 kids in the ghetto kick another ghetto kid to death? We have kids from NJ suburbs coming here and beating people to death for kicks. Those are white kids coming over the bridge to blow off some steam in this sh1t-hole I love, and call home. We have more than our share of white supremists who kill african-american homeless in order to join gangs. I know that you're removed from all of this, and feel a little holier-than-though, but what you gleen from frantically googling news-stories isn't any kind of reality. Me? I live in North Philadelphia, where these things are common place. But I can bet that we have more cultural institutions, rich with this nation's history, than you could ever experience in your lifetime. I'm glad you name dropped Philly in one of your biggoted and ignorant posts, so I could call you on your B.S. with a view informed on what's really happening. When I think of what's wrong with our country, I don't believe its 16 year olds punching people out. That sort of thing has been happening for decades. What I think is wrong with this country is a bunch of ill informed biggots, who spew hate and bile without really adding anything to the social conversation.
Drew224, HenryHill and artistxe like this.
Bigsby'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:24 PM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paracelsian View Post
Me too. I like to visit, because I can leave.
I don't even like to visit. I'll take my dirt road and 300 acres of piece and quiet over any city any day.
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #34 (permalink)

Thanked 1,145 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir View Post
Bystanders should be able to shoot them on sight.
The laws of our state allow citizens to use deadly force in defense of another person, so long as he or she is reasonably certain that such force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to the person under attack.

Naturally, this sort of thing can become rather dicey once it goes before a grand jury or a judge.

--R
Kashmir, PraXis, Hack and 2 others like this.
Roberteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:29 PM   #35 (permalink)

Cowards.
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:39 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostpaul View Post
I don't even like to visit. I'll take my dirt road and 300 acres of piece and quiet over any city any day.
I did that gig, totally get where you're coming from. My mom owned a bunch of property in Windsor, NY. It was great, you could hunt, ride, blow shit up, right off the back deck. We used to light bonfires with tannerite and a 12 ga.:-). But at certain times, for certain things, you can't beat the city (not just for recreation, but for things like you would need running a metal/welding shop, auto shop, grow op, etc.).
The Outlaw and lostpaul like this.
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:44 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
grow op, etc.).

It's not enough. I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive.
Hack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
I did that gig, totally get where you're coming from. My mom owned a bunch of property in Windsor, NY. It was great, you could hunt, ride, blow shit up, right off the back deck. We used to light bonfires with tannerite and a 12 ga.:-). But at certain times, for certain things, you can't beat the city (not just for recreation, but for things like you would need running a metal/welding shop, auto shop, grow op, etc.).
The woods are my recreation.

And my father ran a auto/welding shop here for years.

I get what your saying though.
Paracelsian likes this.
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:52 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack View Post
Not me. A friend. In Kansas.
Unread 11-14-2013, 02:54 PM   #40 (permalink)

I don't care if it is the suburbs or the city. I keep an eye on anyone that gets within 10 to 15 feet of me,especially if it is a crowd of kids. This kind of crap really burns my backside. Hopefully sooner than later these kids try this crap with someone that is prepared for the situation.

damn after looking above me and seeing these pics what the hell were we talking about?????
Unread 11-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #41 (permalink)
Elder of the Gentle Race

Quote:
I HATE cities and you couldn't pay me enough to live or work in one. I'll take the burbs or the country 100 times out of 100.
I worked in the city of Boston for years, in the ghetto even. With that said, I agree; I could never actually live there. I came home to the quietness of the suburbs, and still do. Now that I'm retired, I go to the city (for a ballgame or a concert) very infrequently.
Roberteaux likes this.
Kashmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 04:14 PM   #42 (permalink)

Thanked 1,145 Times in 103 Posts

Quote:
I worked in the city of Boston for years, in the ghetto even. With that said, I agree; I could never actually live there. I came home to the quietness of the suburbs, and still do. Now that I'm retired, I go to the city (for a ballgame or a concert) very infrequently.
I once involved myself with a historical project that required me to travel to New Orleans frequently, and to spend a lot field time in most of the neighborhoods of that city. At one point I fancied that I might actually move there, but the more I saw of the place the more I realized why this might not be a good idea. By the time I completed my research goals, I had actually gotten to the point that I didn't really even want to visit the place much any more-- most especially not when there was any sort of touristy event or festival taking place in the city.

Last night I was talking to my wife-- who was also an inveterate lover of the city when she was younger-- and suggested that we visit the place together once again. Not exactly to my surprise, she nixed the idea pretty much out of hand, and suggested that we go on an ocean cruise instead.

I didn't argue with her at all.

--R
Roberteaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
Shaolin Guitar

Thanked 1,453 Times in 287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracture View Post
In the late 90's gangs n DC and LA were doing this and videotaping it.
They would mail the tapes back and forth trying to top each other.
One guy in DC was out cold and urinated on.
Utterly senseless behavior.
I remember that one. It was an indian guy I think who asked for directions and some huge gorilla motherf**ker just clocked him in the head out of nowhere. And yeah then they pissed on him.

I think it happened on a corner and the guy fell into the street.

Total bullsh*t. ...I bet they never got caught either.
Fracture and SteveGangi like this.
Malikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fracture View Post
In the late 90's gangs n DC and LA were doing this and videotaping it.
They would mail the tapes back and forth trying to top each other.
One guy in DC was out cold and urinated on.
Utterly senseless behavior.
It was going on in places as sedate as Cambridge, MA (ie where Harvard is) in the very early 90s. Nothing new.
Ermghoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 09:59 PM   #45 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member

Thanked 1,068 Times in 283 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric head View Post
I don't care if it is the suburbs or the city. I keep an eye on anyone that gets within 10 to 15 feet of me,especially if it is a crowd of kids. This kind of crap really burns my backside. Hopefully sooner than later these kids try this crap with someone that is prepared for the situation.

damn after looking above me and seeing these pics what the hell were we talking about?????

.... or the rural country. Nothing like walking along the side of the road and having a car full of young yahoo's throw half full beer cans at you for sport.

There has always been an element of society that is sociopathic, desensitized with zero empathy. A few years ago it was razor attacks on people in malls by MS-13 initiates, 'wilding' attacks in parks, now knockout games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by River
Yeah, it's shit. But it's my shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo
Ut Maneat Vobiscum in Aeternum Lumen Intelligentić
geochem1st is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:07 PM   #46 (permalink)

Those individuals need to be taking for a drive

SteveGangi likes this.
cherryles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #47 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsby'd View Post
You're precious. All that means is that it's only newsworthy if its black on white. Much worse happens here (Philadelphia) all the time, and the things that happen don't have any socio/economic/racial borders. Horrors are perpetrated by all sects, and there is no victim-class in these crimes. You think it makes the news when 10 kids in the ghetto kick another ghetto kid to death? We have kids from NJ suburbs coming here and beating people to death for kicks. Those are white kids coming over the bridge to blow off some steam in this sh1t-hole I love, and call home. We have more than our share of white supremists who kill african-american homeless in order to join gangs. I know that you're removed from all of this, and feel a little holier-than-though, but what you gleen from frantically googling news-stories isn't any kind of reality. Me? I live in North Philadelphia, where these things are common place. But I can bet that we have more cultural institutions, rich with this nation's history, than you could ever experience in your lifetime. I'm glad you name dropped Philly in one of your biggoted and ignorant posts, so I could call you on your B.S. with a view informed on what's really happening. When I think of what's wrong with our country, I don't believe its 16 year olds punching people out. That sort of thing has been happening for decades. What I think is wrong with this country is a bunch of ill informed biggots, who spew hate and bile without really adding anything to the social conversation.
If whites were committing a fraction of the violence against blacks that blacks do against whites, the media would not stop reporting about it. Look at the Zimmerman trial. Instead, you have daily news reports about random acts of violence and sexual assaults where the assailant is rarely described (though they usually provide surveillance photos).

You're right that worse things than the knock out game happen in Philly, which is why I carry a gun whenever I go to that shithole.

What's wrong with this country is a large segment of the population comes from broken families. They don't have a daddy to beat their ass when they get out of line. Being born in Trenton and living in areas like Camden and Newark, I've had more "diversity" than I can stomach.

If the problem was with Swede youths, then we'd all be saying that something has to be done in the Swedish-American community. There are no exceptions.
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:27 PM   #48 (permalink)

People need to wake the f&^k up and call it like it is and stop all the P.C. crap!!
New Nation News - Black-on-White Crime

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Thug Report | Urban Crime News Straight From Da Hood

It's gonna" get very ugly before it's over with..... I'm prepared.. Are you??
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:39 PM   #49 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to AngryHatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Sentry View Post
So, granted, none of this is shocking...OK...

What would you do if someone hauled off on someone you knew like this? Let's say your wife was walking down the street...in an area where you wouldn't expect this to happen...and it happens?

F me, man. OK, society is depraved. All I know is that I'm not going anywhere in a city without arming myself...at least with a blade. Maybe I wouldn't see this coming, but if I got lucky and I did...well, maybe I'd go to jail but at least the next person would be spared that. These are innocent people, and yes, people can die from this sort of thing.
Let's just call this urban legend and let it go at that.
Ever had it happen to you?
Me neither.
AngryHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:41 PM   #50 (permalink)

Send a message via ICQ to AngryHatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuicksilverSS View Post
People need to wake the f&^k up and call it like it is and stop all the P.C. crap!!
New Nation News - Black-on-White Crime

Race and crime in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Thug Report | Urban Crime News Straight From Da Hood

It's gonna" get very ugly before it's over with..... I'm prepared.. Are you??
No, you are racist.
Most crime is same color - white on white etc.

This Week on ABC, Washington Post columnist George Will said that despite the Trayvon tragedy, "150 black men are killed every week in this country," and "about 94 percent of them by other black men."

According to Justice Department statistics (pdf), 84 percent of white people killed every year are killed by other whites.
AngryHatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:43 PM   #51 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member

The media does it's best to propagate the "race divide." They want you to think it's white vs. black vs. latino vs. asian, etc. because if you're focused on race then you'll forget about the fact that regardless of what color your skin is, you're getting ****ed by your own government.

The media, the republicans, the democrats, they don't give a shit about you. They give a shit about money. And if you're focused on race and you'll drink the kool-aid and continue ignore what's really going on, then they win.

There are stereotypes and sociopaths in every race and culture. You can't escape them. But the media does their very best to highlight the worst of the worst.
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #52 (permalink)

To think that someone would find harming another like this is flat out sick!
Bastards, one and all. I hope nothing less than fire in their future.

84 San Dimas Charvel
70's Suzuki wt-150 12 string
  • 69 Princeton reverb
    Vox AC4TV
morats8up is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryHatter View Post
Me neither.
Obama voter???
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #54 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuicksilverSS View Post
Obama voter???
I think he might just be realizing that the instances of this happening are as rare as any other event. You're more likely to be shot as an innocent bystander by police than getting punched in the face randomly by a gang member.
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:55 PM   #55 (permalink)
They call me Grand Toad!

geochem1st and artistxe like this.
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #56 (permalink)
flapjack city

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowplayer View Post
well..............

what else does one expect to come out of a city?
Keep rubbin' those brain cells together, they might combust and do something.
I've grown up in the city and until now, my friends groups have been almost all city people, we never thought up shit like this, and I never saw anyone else do anything like that either. The hell is America's deal with big cities anyway? There's jack shit to do anywhere else.

Scarlet White
Drew224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:57 PM   #57 (permalink)

geochem1st, colchar and THDNUT like this.
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:59 PM   #58 (permalink)
flapjack city

Quote:
I've always lived in the city limits, within 10 minutes of downtown (in two different spots now), in a neighborhood that's fairly quiet. Even when I was living down on the east side and there was some dicey shit going on if I went a couple miles from my place, I've never really felt too threatened here, man. Pretty much every city has a place where you can appreciate being in the city and not have to surround yourself with people running away from culture.

Scarlet White
Drew224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
Shaolin Guitar

Thanked 1,453 Times in 287 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryHatter View Post
Me neither.
Jumped by kids?

Yeah, about 1 block from my mothers house,....in the suburbs of DC.

...the f**king SUBURBS!!!

got stomped pretty good too. Hard to fight 8-10 kids at once.

...one of those kids got the beating of his life though, I didn't let go of his sweatshirt and must have hammered his face about 20 times while the rest were kicking me.

His friends might have had fun but I made sure he did not. I'd be surprised if he kept both eyes.

Good times.

*(for what it's worth they were white kids who thought they were black. I think there may have been one black kid in the group. But they were what we called "Wiggers" growing up. White kids acting like inner city thugs because they're bored with their posh suburban life and want to be tougher then they are.)
Malikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #60 (permalink)
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikon View Post
Jumped by kids?

Yeah, about 1 block from my mothers house,....in the suburbs of DC.

...the f**king SUBURBS!!!

got stomped pretty good too. Hard to fight 8-10 kids at once.

...one of those kids got the beating of his life though, I didn't let go of his sweatshirt and must have hammered his face about 20 times while the rest were kicking me.

His friends might have had fun but I made sure he did not. I'd be surprised if he kept both eyes.

Good times.

*(for what it's worth they were white kids who thought they were black. I think there may have been one black kid in the group. But they were what we called "Wiggers" growing up. White kids acting like inner city thugs because they're bored with their posh suburban life and want to be tougher then they are.)
I got jumped by kids too, but it was on the playground in middle school. They figured cause I was a fat kid I couldn't do to anything. There were 5-6 of them, at least two of them lost teeth before the teachers broke it up.

To be fair, I swung first.

geochem1st and Malikon like this.

Tags
people?