MyLesPaul.com
Homepage - Sponsors - Subscription - Auctions - Advertise - Spy  
Go Back   MyLesPaul.com > MLP Community > The Backstage
LIKE MyLesPaul on Facebook FOLLOW MyLesPaul on Twitter
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 11-24-2008, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

Why are people so damn LAZY!!!! Work related rant!

Ok so I get to work this morning from a very peaceful day off watching football and just well relaxing from a tough week. I walk into the store and NOTHINGS been done. I mean less than nothing, it appears that whatever was left over from Saturday didnt even get accomplished on Sunday.

When Im at work I make sure that whatever I start I finish, whatever I take in trade or cash gets cleaned and put away or gets displayed. Theres some F-IN trash on the floor, things scattered about...you know like you walk by something accidentally knock it over but just keep walking!!?!?!?!?!

Place wasnt cleaned, counters werent wiped down AARRGGHHHHH. Im going to have a LONG LONG talk with the weekend crew thats a fact! Dont you just hate lazy ass mo-fos. Honestly time goes by faster when your working....
So hows your morning starting out?
Having trouble keeping your Gibson tuned?
http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibs...ng-2-lead.html

Ive always thought of myself as a Hunter...but after looking at my gear Im pretty sure Im a Gatherer : p
v8ko is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to v8ko For This Useful Post:
Alt Today
Les Paul

Beitrag Sponsored Links

Unread 11-24-2008, 12:10 PM   #2 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to LazyDays Send a message via MSN to LazyDays Send a message via Yahoo to LazyDays
Re: Why are people so damn LAZY!!!! Work related rant!

I looked at the subject quick and thought this was going to be about me. Don't scare me like that.

Carry on....

~Anne~

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
LazyDays is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyDays View Post
I looked at the subject quick and thought this was going to be about me. Don't scare me like that.

Carry on....

Who says its not?

Ive always thought of myself as a Hunter...but after looking at my gear Im pretty sure Im a Gatherer : p
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

Send a message via AIM to LazyDays Send a message via MSN to LazyDays Send a message via Yahoo to LazyDays

Well, I don't work in your store for starters.

Let's see...what HAVE I done today? You may be right.

~Anne~

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Well, I don't work in your store for starters.

Brother thanks, feeling better already!!!

Unread 11-24-2008, 12:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
AXE
Six String Soldier

Quote:
AXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Premium Member

Yes, its irritating. My field crews (not all, but most) are the laziest bunch I've
ever met. They spit sunflower seed shells in the floorboard of the work trucks,
leave rotting foot inside trucks, newspapers flung everywhere.

1 guy was the "root" of the sunflower ordeal. So, I had my shop guy sweep all
the shells out of the work truck and into a bucket, took it out back to his personal
truck, and tossed them on his floorboard.

He keeps his personal truck locked now?
LongBeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
AXE
Six String Soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeach View Post
They spit sunflower seed shells in the floorboard of the work trucks,leave rotting foot inside trucks,
Bloody hell!!! What kind of field work do they do!?!?!?!?
AXE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 12:59 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXE View Post
Sounds like they harvest.....sunflowers.

Back in the day I had a crew of 8-10 guys and usually there was always that one extra lazy bastard that slowed everyone else down. I used to get so irritated back then...on top of it the owner of the company would rag me about these a-holes he hired.... Id get so mad I would punch out my trucks windshield and claim road hazard. In a four year span I have no idea how many windshields I punched out haha.

Im very mellow these days, some say to mellow.

Unread 11-24-2008, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanked 1,110 Times in 178 Posts

Quote:

Blimey!........Me too.......

I always thought that manual labour was a Spanish bullfighter.

Unread 11-24-2008, 01:20 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by v8ko View Post
Brother thanks, feeling better already!!!
First I'm Hazy, now I'm Brother. What's going on?

And Axe, you're right, I did at least do that this morning.

Phil...manual labour...

~Anne~

Unread 11-24-2008, 02:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Premium Member

bump
Unread 11-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AXE View Post
oops, lol, food, not foot.

Commercial glass installers (glaziers)
and really just lazy pigs. it's not there personal
vehicle, so, they dont care.
Unread 11-24-2008, 04:23 PM   #14 (permalink)

Unfortunately, more than lazy work habits are wide-spread.

I'm like you, I go into my office, I know what needs to be done, I get it done. That's what I am being paid to do so that is what I do, work, perform my job description to the very best of my abilities ensuring continuity.

I have worked with some seriously lazy non-working mofo's, and most of the time end up doing their work for them anyway since it NEEDS to be done, or else none of us will work.
I recently started working for the Federal Government. Within my first 4 hours on my very first day I was able to deduce that Federal Employees have two work speed's... SLOW and RETARDED, at least where I am.
For "Orientation" I was handed a stack of paper work to read and told there were a few "Quizzes" at the end of each section, then I as left alone for 8 hours when they then returned to pick up the paper work... no one to ask a question if I needed to? Taking the quizzes I found the same question not repeated twice but three times verbatum, in a row! Of course there were at least 30 different people who were paid large sums of cash to put this paper work and "quiz" together... wonder where your tax doallars are going?

I'm a Therapist so my job is basically 3% patient interaction and 97% paper work... I don't even want to get into the amount of paper work that is needed with this new gig!

What's coming out into the work force these days has no sense or urgency, or sense of anyting else but themselves... very scary!
Hemply is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2008, 04:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Send a message via Yahoo to jeff_farkas

Quote:
Ok so I get to work this morning from a very peaceful day off watching football and just well relaxing from a tough week. I walk into the store and NOTHINGS been done. I mean less than nothing, it appears that whatever was left over from Saturday didnt even get accomplished on Sunday.

When Im at work I make sure that whatever I start I finish, whatever I take in trade or cash gets cleaned and put away or gets displayed. Theres some F-IN trash on the floor, things scattered about...you know like you walk by something accidentally knock it over but just keep walking!!?!?!?!?!

Place wasnt cleaned, counters werent wiped down AARRGGHHHHH. Im going to have a LONG LONG talk with the weekend crew thats a fact! Dont you just hate lazy ass mo-fos. Honestly time goes by faster when your working....
So hows your morning starting out?
WOW Glad it's not me. But I'm not that bad thank God! LOL Oh and my day went great. How did your whole day go??

Jeff
Unread 11-25-2008, 01:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'm dealing with it right now...I get a 4 day weekend a month off (thats the only weekend off for me).and I'm starting to hate it,my first day back sucks cuz I have to make up for those 4 days(nobody does sh%t) yes it stress' me..all I can tell myself is Im lucky to have a job (but thats sarting not to work antmore)so I leave it up to MLP to bring down the blood pressure...lol
Unread 11-25-2008, 02:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff_farkas View Post
WOW Glad it's not me. But I'm not that bad thank God! LOL Oh and my day went great. How did your whole day go??

Jeff
Jeff thanks for asking....my day went from bad to worse haha. I guess sometimes you should let the little things slide by because you might just be in for an avalanche.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodymauk View Post
I'm dealing with it right now...I get a 4 day weekend a month off (thats the only weekend off for me).and I'm starting to hate it,my first day back sucks cuz I have to make up for those 4 days(nobody does sh%t) yes it stress' me..all I can tell myself is Im lucky to have a job (but thats sarting not to work antmore)so I leave it up to MLP to bring down the blood pressure...lol
Yeah right vacation. It takes me 3-4 days to just really relax when Im on vacation knowing what kind of sh*T Ill have in store when I get back...then a couple relaxing days...then back to thinking about the store.

But if I didnt like what my day to day is I would just start another business or get a real job. Just a vent day.

Unread 11-25-2008, 02:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemply View Post
Unfortunately, more than lazy work habits are wide-spread.

I'm like you, I go into my office, I know what needs to be done, I get it done. That's what I am being paid to do so that is what I do, work, perform my job description to the very best of my abilities ensuring continuity.

I have worked with some seriously lazy non-working mofo's, and most of the time end up doing their work for them anyway since it NEEDS to be done, or else none of us will work.
I recently started working for the Federal Government. Within my first 4 hours on my very first day I was able to deduce that Federal Employees have two work speed's... SLOW and RETARDED, at least where I am.
For "Orientation" I was handed a stack of paper work to read and told there were a few "Quizzes" at the end of each section, then I as left alone for 8 hours when they then returned to pick up the paper work... no one to ask a question if I needed to? Taking the quizzes I found the same question not repeated twice but three times verbatum, in a row! Of course there were at least 30 different people who were paid large sums of cash to put this paper work and "quiz" together... wonder where your tax doallars are going?

I'm a Therapist so my job is basically 3% patient interaction and 97% paper work... I don't even want to get into the amount of paper work that is needed with this new gig!

What's coming out into the work force these days has no sense or urgency, or sense of anyting else but themselves... very scary!
My bro works for the FAA and he used to complain to me about all the dumbass people he had to put up with. The government was hiring not by how qualified you were but more concerned about affirmitaive action. On the bright side when your working next to a bunch of lazy mo-fos you can really shine and in a perfect world get promoted faster.

I understand this is going to sound like some kind of crazy BS but my bro has actually hopped on a plane, flown to an airport thats having system problems only to find the new equipment not COMPLETLY plugged in. lazy, lazy , lazy.

Unread 11-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
My bro works for the FAA and he used to complain to me about all the dumbass people he had to put up with. The government was hiring not by how qualified you were but more concerned about affirmitaive action. On the bright side when your working next to a bunch of lazy mo-fos you can really shine and in a perfect world get promoted faster.

I understand this is going to sound like some kind of crazy BS but my bro has actually hopped on a plane, flown to an airport thats having system problems only to find the new equipment not COMPLETLY plugged in. lazy, lazy , lazy.
I found out soon enough that the best way to get away from these lazy morons was to go into private practice. Granted not something everyone can do but now when I work for someone else it's "under contract". I ALWAYS make sure I have an "out" when I negotiate a contract. If I find that I am stuck with a stupid, lazy staff, all I have to do is give 30 days notice and it's... NEXT!

I didn't think the story you told me about your bro and the FAA is B/S, not by a long shot. Funny how I had a completely different view of government employees before I actually started working with them! I also have a buddy who just started working for the FAA, he write's program. Now I'm not saying there is something wrong with people who work for the FAA but my bud just bought this...

Unread 11-25-2008, 08:12 AM   #20 (permalink)

When I was 16 I had 2 jobs during the summer and 1 during the school year. I worked my but off! Now I cant even get my daughter to get job. work = paying bills extra work =extra toys, movies, out to eat etc. They dont get it.
mikemack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2008, 08:47 AM   #21 (permalink)

Are you talking about the FAA down by Smithville, NJ? LOL I know 3 guys that left my company and went down there, they are all very happy employees. God I can get a job there..

I tell you what, I'm in work hell.. I took tomorrow off to either play golf with the boys from the office or kick it around the house my 2 13/12yr old kids ar off of school.. well, I'm getting calls and emails from people tell me I will be working from home tomorrow now.. LOL.. Because that's what I tend to do each and every weekend! Like saturday when I got 5 phone calls while @ diner with my wife and 2 sons..calls from russia, local, managers..wtf! "are you busy?" "can you leave dinner early?" "how close to home are you?" we need to build software for Alltel now! LOL.. because I'm evidently on call 24x7.. i've been working 55+ hours a week for 8 months now and it's just unacceptable..I hope this economy gets better so I can get a new job..

Plus the Eagles suck, and Pittsburgh played thursday so I had to suffer through sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemply View Post
I found out soon enough that the best way to get away from these lazy morons was to go into private practice. Granted not something everyone can do but now when I work for someone else it's "under contract". I ALWAYS make sure I have an "out" when I negotiate a contract. If I find that I am stuck with a stupid, lazy staff, all I have to do is give 30 days notice and it's... NEXT!

I didn't think the story you told me about your bro and the FAA is B/S, not by a long shot. Funny how I had a completely different view of government employees before I actually started working with them! I also have a buddy who just started working for the FAA, he write's program. Now I'm not saying there is something wrong with people who work for the FAA but my bud just bought this...

peter679 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2008, 09:45 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter679 View Post
Are you talking about the FAA down by Smithville, NJ? LOL I know 3 guys that left my company and went down there, they are all very happy employees. God I can get a job there..

I tell you what, I'm in work hell.. I took tomorrow off to either play golf with the boys from the office or kick it around the house my 2 13/12yr old kids ar off of school.. well, I'm getting calls and emails from people tell me I will be working from home tomorrow now.. LOL.. Because that's what I tend to do each and every weekend! Like saturday when I got 5 phone calls while @ diner with my wife and 2 sons..calls from russia, local, managers..wtf! "are you busy?" "can you leave dinner early?" "how close to home are you?" we need to build software for Alltel now! LOL.. because I'm evidently on call 24x7.. i've been working 55+ hours a week for 8 months now and it's just unacceptable..I hope this economy gets better so I can get a new job..

Plus the Eagles suck, and Pittsburgh played thursday so I had to suffer through sunday
It very well may be the FAA down by Smithville, NJ? My bud was working with another group that was contracting with the FAA and then the FAA picked him up as a full-timer just recently within the past 3 months. My buds name is Paul C.
He has a KILLER axe collection but sadly can't play very well, but he tries!

I stopped working those crazy hours years ago, my moto "I work to live not live to work". I recently had a meeting with a local hospital that wanted me to come in as a consultant and run their crisis hotline program. The person I met with was some 20-something kid fresh out of school, obviously "overworked". She made me wait 1 hour, then I saw she made me wait so she could go to Burger King... Very unprofessional IMO! She then proceeds to tell me she needs me to run the 3pm-11pm shift... umm sorry cupcake but I don't work nights, matter of fact I don't work weekends or holidays either! That meeting ended very abruptly. I actually waited longer than the actual meeting that took place!

Gave up on my Eagles YEARS ago!
Unread 11-25-2008, 11:42 AM   #23 (permalink)
The MLP Princess

You just have to give up or go insane if you aren't the big boss. It's very frustrating and yet another reason I hate being in the middle (not the bottom and not the big boss either).
spacebubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Shop 2014 Historic Les Pauls