Right, after three days of tedious sanding I'm about 3/4 through sanding off all the lacquer. The top is going to be a tough challenge, the veneer is indeed thin like paper. It might still be I need to reapply a new veneer and redo the binding at the same, we'll see.
Here's some progress photos, I glued the neck today. Sorry for the horrid photos, I only had my cell phone with me.
Here's what we started with:
I had cleaned the bare wood surfaces, and noticed there was a lot of old glue sept deep in the pores. It was obviosly why the last fix didn't hold, the wood sept up most of the glue, leaving practically none to bind.
Here's my friend, Sasa doing the contours for the neck clamp pieces on the bandsaw. Reason I couldn't do them myself was I'm utilizing my girlfriend's polytechnic school's woodworking side for my projects, but as I'm not myself a student of the school, I'm not allowed to use the machines.
I followed Nelson647's neck fix thread
for cues on how to apply even pressure on the break.
Here the clamps go on. I made ultra sure the highest clamp was tight, as there's least wood surface making contact.
And there she rests until tomorrow when I unclamp it and see if I did a horrible job or no.