Announcing TundraTone Custom Guitars!
We have been busy here at TundraTone! Introducing the first TundraTone Custom Guitars Tele! Built from only the finest components available (nothing "off the shelf" here), equipped with Rumpelstilstskin handwound pickups, MJT vintage finish bodies, TundraTone electronics (of course), hard shell cases and expertly setup and ready to play. Just add musician!
IMHO, the first one "off the bench" just had to be a Blackguard Tele. I mean, what else could it be? Why not start at the beginning, right? And this one is a beauty:
Above: TundraTone Custom Guitars Blackguard Telecaster TE120409
This one comes with the following features:
- Butterscotch "Blackguard" finish by MJT (Mark and Matt Jenny) Finishes. 100% nitro finshed - aged to perfection to look like a 60 year old Tele.
- Swamp ash body by Wildwood Manufacturing
- Musikraft flame maple chunky neck - 1" at the first fret to 1" at the twelfth fret. 9.5" radius for easy play and med-jumbo 6105 frets. This is a gorgeous piece of wood!
- Aged kluson style vintage style tuners
- Rumpelstiltskin 50s Black Rope pickups! Neck is about 7.2k and the bridge is 11.9k!
- All body cavities lined with copper foil to combat noise
- All guitars come with aged Dunlop straplocks and buttons
- Completely slot-head screws throughout. Period correct, no phillips head
- All hardware hand aged
- TundraTone 4-way Telecaster harness with ITW (one of my favorites) .047 tone cap, RS Superpot for volume. Oak 4-way switch. Heavy knurled domed nickel knobs. Aged round switch tip.
- Gator hardshell case included
- Guitar weighs only 6.88 lbs! This one is loud, bright and resonant acoustically!
This is only the first of many new guitars to come. Soon to be deliverd are the finished bodies for a Thinline Tele, Blind Faith Tele (complete with a strat neck!), Telemaster, three different Strats and more! These are all setup by hand, and sound and play beautifully. This Blackguard is a winner. I hate to sell it really. It's the best playing Tele I've ever played.
Here are a few more pics, some taken while I was assembling it:
This guitar is available for purchase now. It will be for sale in the store later today, and on eBay also. I'd rather sell it to a fellow forumite and would pass on the savings that would result from selling it away from eBay. If you are interested, drop me an email! $1499.00 paypal'd and shipped
to fellow forumites!
Thanks again for all of your support!!