Once the control cavities were completed I drilled for the switch and knobs. This is where I made a really dumb mistake. after chucking a 1/2" bit into my drill I turned around and without thinking (obviously) drilled a hole in one of the knob locations instead of the switch location (the knob holes are supposed to be 3/8"). Anyway, I was pretty pissed off about it but life goes on. I plugged the 1/2" hole with a scrap of maple left over from the top wood and will re drill with a 3/8" bit once itís dry. No one will be the wiser because it will not be seen unless the volume knob and pot are removed from the guitar.
I then freehand routed the remaining binding channel in the cutaway (I do not recommend doing it freehand but I've got a very good feel for routers and was not worried about it too much).
Installing the binding went smoothly until I got to the cutaway, where I stopped to decide how I was going to tackle it.